It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart. We are continuing to grow at a pace faster than ever before and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan well underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
Here are a few reasons why it’s a great time to join PetSmart’s IT Team!
- Low debt: We’re moving forward, making the right investments right now.
- Automation: We’re embracing automation so that we can get to where we want to go—quickly.
- Emerging Framework Technologies: We prefer to live life on the edge—the cutting edge. Our team is constantly evaluating new technologies, frameworks, and systems to help us lead the pack.
- Ownership: We are taking more accountability in our work and are building more in-house teams versus off-shore or agency partners.
- Values: Our values aren’t just words on paper; they are actions we live every single day. The work that we do matters.
- Impact: Our customer-facing technologies make an impact on millions of people. MILLIONS. From helping facilitate pet adoptions to facilitating our in-store pick-up technology, you will help pets and pet parents every single day.
- Campus: We want you to have fun and be inspired to do great work, so we’ve created a fun environment that includes a café, gym, daycare, business center, free treats, family events, and an on-site dog park!
- PUPPIES: or kittens or fish or turtles or snakes or hamsters—whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see it on our campus!
- Development: We have a strong, structured development program exclusively for our IT team. You’ll have opportunities to grow your technical skills, develop leadership skills, work cross-functionally—just keep moving!
- Understanding: Our team is not siloed. They act as valued business partners and are brought into all conversations to understand the “why” behind each project.
- Empowerment: Our associates are empowered to make change happen. The leadership puts trust in the teams and leaders to solve problems and build new solutions.
- Accessible: Our leadership team is accessible and transparent and invested in building really cool things!
- Investments: We are investing in more technology this year than we have in the past few years combined.
- Team: 1 out of every 4 associates in our Home Office are technologists.
- Start-up Mentality: There is a buzz in the department of new, exciting changes. Retail is changing faster than ever before and we’re getting creative to stay ahead of the curve.
- Progress: We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.