The Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT) program was developed by IT associates, for IT associates. It’s a structured program focused on defining structured and actionable development plans for our IT teams. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an encouraging environment to do so. You’ll have access to the tools you need and you’ll have leadership support every step of the way. Ready to jump-start your career? It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Understand where you are now
- Build an Individual Development Plan (IDP) to identify strengths, opportunities, and, most importantly, PASSIONS.
- Learn about job families and career paths to build your personal roadmap.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to understand different aspects of the business.
2. Identify where you want to go next
- Explore new technical skill sets to grow into another IT department.
- Develop leadership skills to take on a new project or team.
- Talk with your manager—we’re all in this together!
3. Build a plan to help get there
- Enroll in PetSmart’s online & instructor-led training courses.
- Align with a mentor who understands how to expand your strengths.
- Keep going! Career development doesn’t happen overnight but with the right people and the right resources, we’ll help you get to where you want to go!