Customer Care Leader-The GroomeryLocation Scottsdale, Arizona | Thompson Peak PArkway & Pima Rd ID 84752953365-78720028184 Apply Now
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership support to the Groomery Leader including driving company strategies, driving the business and achieving target results, becoming the trusted partner, and building a committed, high performing store team in our PetSmart Groomery.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drives PetSmart’s vision, mission, values, and strategy within the store, holding associates accountable.
- Champions and teaches building trusted partner relationships with Pet Parents by genuinely engaging with them, building strong relationships based upon the love of pets, and sharing solutions relevant to their needs.
- Partners with Groomery Leader to identify and drive opportunities to grow the business and hold associates accountable in achieving store P&L expectations such as sales targets.
- Oversees the execution of Inventory Management, Planner and POG activities.
- Ensures consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures, including compliance with CASE messaging and tasks, as well as the safety and security of company assets, Pet Parents, pets, and associates, which can be achieved through regular store walks, holds monthly Shrink and Safety meetings, and trains associates on company and government safety standards.
- Engages and represents the company to outside organizations within the local community to generate business and promote the brand.
- Ensures all salon associates, perform Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment on all pets to recommend services and build trust with the Pet Parents.
- Takes immediate action when a sick or injured pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration).
- Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of every pet and associate in the store.
- Performs other general store activities to include answering phones and scheduling grooming appointments, running cash registers, pricing and pricing audits, processing inventory, stocking shelves and storage areas, building merchandise displays, setting up advertising signs, general cleaning, dusting, and light repairs and maintenance of building, equipment, and fixtures.
- May create and review weekly operating schedules to ensure appointment availability; may review scheduling of grooming appointments;, may conduct appointment reminder calls.
- May perform personnel activities including, weekly payroll reports, hiring and on-boarding, training, developing, and coaching of associates, which may include weekly huddles, one-on-one meetings, and performance review discussions.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Creates a Positive Work Environment by assessing situations, coaching accordingly and rewarding & recognizing associates.
- Ensures completion and retention of client records and receipts.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of self-wash bathing areas, and may perform cleaning duties; assists Pet Parents in self-service dog wash.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typically supervises 1-2part-time salon assistants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures. Includes:
- Participating in interviewing and hiring of new associates
- Participating in associate coaching and development
- Plan, assign, and direct work of associates
- Participating in the performance management process by, providing input on employee performance, as well as rewarding and coaching associates
- Addressing associate and Pet Parent complaints and resolving problems
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. You will be provided a copy of a job description for the actual position you are hired in to.
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law.
The employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.84752953365-78720028184