District Manager San DiegoLocation San Diego, California ID 2019-1709 Apply Now
Our Field Leaders develop and deliver growth strategies across our stores. As a leader of people, they are passionate about developing highly engaged teams. As a leader of their region/district, they are forward thinking and solution oriented to drive results.
About the Job:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides strategic leadership, planning, and execution of solutions for current and future business needs.
• Builds strong partnerships with Regional Vice President and Field Leadership team; coaches Field associates in delivery of strategic initiatives.
• Utilizes data, trend analysis, statistical reports, and benchmarking to conduct root cause analysis of current state and identification of metric-driven solutions.
• Creates a best-in-class workforce through the development and coaching of all management teams.
• Provides leadership and assessment of associates’ performance to ensure identification and development of high-potentials and bench strength. Champions efforts to build a Field Leadership talent pipeline.
• Holds profit & loss responsibility for the district while ensuring consistent policy and procedure compliance.
• Provides coaching, mentoring, and overall direction of accountabilities for store management teams in order to meet District, Region, and Company goals.
• Ensures the safety/security of company assets, customers, pets, and associates through regular store visits and training of store standards/compliance with company and government safety standards.
• Ensures all stores are in compliance with all inventory management tools (WISE) to guarantee appropriate levels of in-stock are available to all customers.
• Effectively communicates business and financial objectives to management teams; audits store performance, collects data and communicates store results to PetSmart corporate office. Provides feedback to management on store results.
• Represents the company to outside organizations within the local community.
• Delegates effectively and empowers others to succeed; challenges others to reach their full potential and encourages them to retain ownership for their results.
• Remains effective in a changing environment and manages change. Adjusts team priorities to meet goals and commitments, ensures continued alignment across the business process, and responds effectively to constantly changing demands.
• Ensures all initiatives for the district are aligned with the company’s vision, governing business strategies, and current business priorities. Develops strategic direction and establishes appropriate priorities for projects critical to success.
• Assesses organizational and operational effectiveness and recommends enhancements that will improve operating processes and performance.
• Acts as focal point for progress reporting on key initiatives and provides timely updates/presentations. Consistently provides the Regional Vice President with regular feedback on store performance.
• Serves as a visible presence and continuous influence for strategic change and operational excellence across the organization. Interacts up and down, as well as across, the organization to champion a consistent case for continuous improvement resulting in ongoing benefits for the company.
• Proactive Catalytic Approach – Forward thinking, make things happen business approach. Seeks out problems and opportunities for change. Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and passion, and a dedication to exceed performance expectations. Possesses a high sense of responsibility, quality, ethics, and integrity.
• Synergistic Implementation Abilities – Able to think through problem solutions, sell cooperative solution agendas, and integrate internal/external efficiencies. Able to build consensus among groups with diverse backgrounds and motivate cooperation in development and implementation of solutions.
• Business Impact – Influences others to achieve individual and team objectives. Possesses strong leadership attributes enabling effective direction, facilitation, communication and cooperation with all levels of associates.
• Cross-functional Approach – Maintains focus on horizontal business processes, not simply vertical business functions. Has a broad business perspective with sound business judgment.
• Independent View – Able to look at the business to identify strategy, process, and relationship opportunities. Challenges assumptions embedded in current processes and practices. Executes strategy and drives organizational alignment.
• Results Orientation – Ability to consistently achieve and deliver business outcomes and business value. Excellent decision making and project management skills; has a strong track record of success.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a four-year college or university is required. The ideal candidate will have the following:
• 7-10 years related and relevant, multi-store experience as a District Manager in a retail environment
• High level of professional, and interpersonal ability and flexibility, combined with solid problem-solving skills and a strategic business sense.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
About the Culture:
Working in one of our stores, salons or for one of our PetsHotels gives you the opportunity to do what you do best — show your love for pets every single day. As a member of our retail family, you will build a career that you will be extremely proud of, as well as, build bonds and relationships with pet parents that you will cherish for life.