Field Sales Lead - PetSmart Proprietary Brands - Brand Ambassador (Pittsburgh) - Full TimeLocation Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ID 2019-1387 Apply Now
Our Product Development group focuses on delivering customer-centric innovations that are available only at PetSmart. This allows us to create products and solutions that our pet parents are asking for that they can’t find anywhere else. This team partners with Merchandising, Brand Management, Product Design & Integrity, and Global Sourcing to bring the product from vision to reality.
About the Job:
PetSmart Proprietary Brand Field Sales Lead
PetSmart is looking for a field sales lead to join our team that provides brand support services to PetSmart stores. The position will be responsible for building and managing a brand support program in a geographic region to promote sales of our proprietary brand products in PetSmart stores. In this role you will be based remotely with support from a regionally based field sales manager and our corporate office. The position will report to the Proprietary Brand Field Sales Manager.
- Promote the sale of PetSmart proprietary brand products through nutritional education, demonstrations, couponing, and event marketing
- Travel daily to manage execution of the PetSmart brand support strategy in your assigned stores
- Achieve PB sales goals by building strong relationships with PetSmart field leaders and store teams, increasing product knowledge through employee training and engaging customers in-store
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Oversee execution of the proprietary brand in-store demo program
- Be the first line of communication between your assigned PetSmart stores and the regional proprietary brand team
- Manage expenses to maximize operational efficiency
- Be an integral member of the team that manages PetSmart proprietary brands, including providing input on long-term strategy based on the needs of PetSmart as communicated from the stores in your region
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years’ experience in the pet industry
- 2+ years’ experience working in or supporting retail stores
- Passionate about pets and their health
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to quickly adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- A team player with ability to foster and maintain a positive team dynamic
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong computer and analytic skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Travel requirements: 90% within designated territory
- Available to work most weekends
- Supervisory experience a plus
This is a full time, hourly position with a full benefits package, including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, and a generous product discount. Mileage and communications reimbursement also available.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities