Visual Merchandising Specialist - CorrugateLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1950 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love. They work to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own point of view to create a unique experience for the pets and pet parents.
About the Job:
The Visual Merchandising Specialist is a member of the Visual Merchandising & Store Design Team. This position is a creative force in elevating the product merchandising standards across all categories. Assisting with implementing visual strategies that result in driving sales, creating brand consistency and improving the overall customer experience. Collaborates with Sr, Manager, Visual Merchandising to identify new business opportunities for Visual Merchandising. Additionally, works cross-functionally to support the Corrugate Program. Partners closely with on-site Corrugate Account Manager to ensure project execution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates and educates the business with regard to best-in-class visual merchandising practices.
- Adapts corporate visual direction based on individual store need and inventory levels and drives sales through strategic merchandise placement and compelling displays.
- Partners with Operations Team to maintain current guidelines and marketing campaign materials in-store.
- Maintains a visual library to include photos of existing stores along with all seasonal launches.
- Maintains a total store photo library.
- Assists and supports as needed with New Store/Re-model openings.
- Supports the Corrugate Program at enterprise-wide level including:
- Consumables, Hardgoods, Specialty, Proprietary and Vendor-Provided
- Drive Aisle displays, PDQ’s, Powerwings, etc.
- Supports the development of internal Buying corrugate processes and procedures including:
- Schematic Creation
- POG Finalization
- White Sample Approvals
- Corrugate New Item Set-up
- Filled vs. Empty Displays
- Supports all vendor-provided displays:
- Ensures for compliance with ADA and Distribution Center requirements.
- Ensures for compliance with PetSmart standards (i.e. legal claims, pricing capabilities, structural integrity, creative).
- Trouble-shoots issues with vendor-provided displays (develops solutions, manages CASE messages, etc.).
- Ensures adherence to timelines.
- Facilitates kick-off meetings for major displays (Puppy, Flea & Tick, Halloween, Holiday) with cross-functional partners.
- Communicates PetSmart’s creative seasonal toolkit to vendors and ensures that vendor-provided displays are consistent with toolkit.
- BA degree in design related field
- 5+ years in the Retail industry
- Visual Merchandising experience required
- Confident, with exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate and problem-solve
- Flexible, team player and hands-on approach
- Highly organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and the passion to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record coordinating and executing projects with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities