UX/UI DesignerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID CE-18-6107 Apply Now
If you are having difficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.
How this role will make an impact:
- The UX/UI Designer is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and UX industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions to support business strategies. This critical role will play a key part in defining, shaping and crafting digital solutions by delivering outstanding user-centered designs in support of web and mobile experiences.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Translate business requirements into user experience design specifications
- Review requirements and assists in identifying various usage scenarios and underlying user and business needs.
- Evaluate the complexity of each project and prepares a project plan for UX activities within the expectations of the overall project.
- Responsible for translating business requirements and user needs into innovative design solutions that are engaging, valuable and usable
- Distill goals, constraints and risks into well thought-out plans. Prioritize tasks, manage expectations, mitigate risks and offer creative approaches to achieving design solutions even in the context of challenging constraints
- Create project briefs, presentations, user flows, site maps, taxonomies, wireframe specifications and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to internal stakeholders and development teams
- Leverage usability studies to understand customer behavior, refine design approaches, and validate solutions
- Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design, and iterate user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes developers, system architects, product managers, subject matter experts and program managers
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of usability principles, web standards, UI patterns and their application, as well as mobile app usage and design. Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user, communicate informed design rational and value, as well as manage related expectations, culture and process changes
- Effective cross-function collaboration skills. Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills. Some project management (work plans), level of effort estimation, deliverable quality assurance skills required.
- Understand the latest technology trends, new functionality and market demands.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including intermediate capabilities with Excel and Word
- Excellent deliverables including prototypes, detailed page schematics, sketches, interaction flows, site maps, navigation systems, and web-appropriate writing
- High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital trends
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
- Above average command of English; proficiency with a variety of writing styles
- Good design aesthetic and a strong ability to judge visual appearance, ensuring alignment with brand and enterprise standards
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- The ability to understand and explain complex issues, but also clearly identify and communicate the situation at a high level
- The ability to use and understand financial and numerical data to make decisions and influence outcomes
- Ability to synthesize data, identify trends and recommend viable solutions
- Exhibit professional initiative and entrepreneurial drive
About ourMarketing team:
When it comes to caring for pets of every shape, size, and stature, we’ve got a great story to share. Happily, we also have a great marketing team on hand to help us tell it. Join our team of creative pet lovers and you’ll be able to use your marketing skills to help further strengthen the bond between pet parents and our brand.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities