UX UI DesignerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1586 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love. They work to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own point of view to create a unique experience for the pets and pet parents.
About the Job:
How this role will make an impact:
- The UX/UI Designer is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and UX industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions to support business strategies. This critical role will play a key part in defining, shaping and crafting digital solutions by delivering outstanding user-centered designs in support of web and mobile experiences.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Translate business requirements into user experience design specifications
- Review requirements and assists in identifying various usage scenarios and underlying user and business needs.
- Evaluate the complexity of each project and prepares a project plan for UX activities within the expectations of the overall project.
- Responsible for translating business requirements and user needs into innovative design solutions that are engaging, valuable and usable
- Distill goals, constraints and risks into well thought-out plans. Prioritize tasks, manage expectations, mitigate risks and offer creative approaches to achieving design solutions even in the context of challenging constraints
- Create project briefs, presentations, user flows, site maps, taxonomies, wireframe specifications and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to internal stakeholders and development teams
- Leverage usability studies to understand customer behavior, refine design approaches, and validate solutions
- Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design, and iterate user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes developers, system architects, product managers, subject matter experts and program managers
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of usability principles, web standards, UI patterns and their application, as well as mobile app usage and design. Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user, communicate informed design rational and value, as well as manage related expectations, culture and process changes
- Effective cross-function collaboration skills. Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills. Some project management (work plans), level of effort estimation, deliverable quality assurance skills required.
- Understand the latest technology trends, new functionality and market demands.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including intermediate capabilities with Excel and Word
- Excellent deliverables including prototypes, detailed page schematics, sketches, interaction flows, site maps, navigation systems, and web-appropriate writing
- High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital trends
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
- Above average command of English; proficiency with a variety of writing styles
- Good design aesthetic and a strong ability to judge visual appearance, ensuring alignment with brand and enterprise standards
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- The ability to understand and explain complex issues, but also clearly identify and communicate the situation at a high level
- The ability to use and understand financial and numerical data to make decisions and influence outcomes
- Ability to synthesize data, identify trends and recommend viable solutions
- Exhibit professional initiative and entrepreneurial drive
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities