Tibco Software Engineer
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart!
We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents.
Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, it is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the information to make strategic business decisions and process improvements.
As a Tibco Integration Software Developer you will be responsible for collaborating with various application teams to design and build sustainable solutions to meet business needs and add significant business value. You will execute the build, test and deployment of the solution to ensure it meets design specification and ultimately the business requirements.
PetSmart needs you to drive our company success by providing accurate and reliable business information that will help us to bring our pet parents closer to their pets so they can live a more fulfilled life, to be the trusted partner to pet parents, being a highly customer focused retailer.
YOUR GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Works with product management, architecture, and development teams to build detailed technical design and specification documents, to meet business needs, considering capabilities, risks, and system dependencies.
- Executes the build, test and deployment of full lifecycle solutions – for integration & data analytics solutions.
- Champion efforts to ensure appropriate development best practices.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BA/BS Degree in IT, MIS or business related functional discipline.
- Minimum 5 years hands on Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Data Analytics (integration) architectures, integration patterns and best practices.
- Experience using Tibco, SQL scripting skills (Netezza, SQL Server or Oracle preferred).
- Working knowledge of business intelligence or information management.
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, architectures and terminology.
- Strong Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work! Come see our very own Dog Park!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers (Amazing towel service and locker rooms)
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options (Healthy options, Vegan and Vegetarian, Comfort food options and Sushi)
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Dry Cleaning and Shipping Services
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.