Supply Chain Logistics SpecialistLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1502 Apply Now
The Supply Chain team focuses on keeping things moving across all aspects of our business. They make an impact by ensuring our products get from the vendors to the DCs to the stores in the most efficient and timely way. Their goal is to improve each step within the process, so we have the right product at the right place at the right time for our pet parents.
About the Job:
Supply Chain Logistics Specialist
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 1 AM-9:30 AM
This position is responsible for tracking, researching, identifying the root cause of and reporting points of failure and areas of risk throughout the Supply Chain. The main points of contact will be Transportation, Distribution, Merchandise Planning & Allocation, carriers, vendors and the stores/field. In addition, this position works cross-functionally with other business partners as a representative of the Supply Chain Service Center on strategic initiatives. Associate will participate in service and cost improvement initiatives and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate communication between the carriers, DCs, PHO, stores and vendors to provide a seamless Supply Chain solution.
- Provide high level of customer service through words and actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external Supply Chain partners.
- Provide timely service involving tracking, researching and resolution for a variety of Supply Chain opportunities. Develop and negotiate solutions for late or changed deliveries.
- Analyze and research events by working with internal and external Supply Chain partners to maintain the integrity of the inbound and outbound failures within system.
- Monitor, research and identify supply chain service trends and issues to prevent delivery failures or disruptions in the supply chain. Collect and organize data relative to calls/disruptions in Supply Chain.
- Run reports and analyze to translate report details. Provide analysis, develop reports, aid with "ad-hoc" report needs.
- Provide recommendations for solutions of key drainers affecting service and cost for Supply Chain. Partner with MP&A, Transportation, Distribution, Store Operations and Stores to develop action plans to permanently resolve occurrences of identified Supply Chain service failures.
- Manage internal and external EDI communication performance expectations.
- Analyze and research events by working with internal and external Supply Chain partners to maintain the integrity of the inbound and outbound failures within the system. Run daily/weekly reporting to provide visibility of on-time service for Supply Chain partners.
- Take on new processes and new business initiatives to support other departments in the business. Streamline, automate and execute new processes.
- Document all new processes and cross train teammates.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a team-environment and with internal and external business partners.
- Support the PetSmart culture by exercising good judgement, leading our culture and promoting operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required (Supply Chain, Business, Distribution, Information Systems fields)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
Must be able to work various shifts - Flexibility is required
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities