Sr. Voice Network Engineer
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: IT Solutions, IT Service Delivery, Business Enablement, and Commerce & Customer Engagement. Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
Click here to meet Mike Goodwin, PetSmart’s CIO https://vimeo.com/254726837
About the Job:
Sr. Voice Network Engineer
- Design, configuration, troubleshooting, and support of complex UC and Contact Center systems in a retail and corporate space.
- Ensure overall stability of UC infrastructure throughout retail, corporate, and supply chain space.
- Support all UC system efforts such as technology refresh projects, system upgrades, feature expansion, and maintenance.
- Support planning, implementing, and monitoring of TSP handoff to local CE SIP services.
- Support planning and enforcement of Enterprise level licensing agreements for UC services.
- Best practice deployment of IP-Telephony systems and protocols, voice and video collaboration internal and DMZ network space, QoS, Disaster Recovery, Logging, NTP, RTMT alerting, and Messaging integration.
- Perform troubleshooting of complex UC applications and network issues related to voice quality.
- Provide and maintain detailed documentation for supported UC architectures.
- Provide technical support for new and existing technologies in collaboration with other technical and management stakeholders.
- Provide a continuous evaluation of the company's telephony infrastructure and initiate expansion or remediation projects to support growth and mitigate risks Collaborates with IT partners to administer and support infrastructure environments and define the overall support process .
- 4-6 years of experience with Cisco UC architecture and applications
- 4-6 years of experience with enterprise network systems in support of UC services
- Proficient with analog over IP and IP-based paging systems
- In-depth knowledge of call centers for both Express and Enterprise level Contact Centers
- Proficient with Analog, SIP, and TDM based telephony
- Proficient with CCX/ICM/CVP scripting
- Proficient with IOS Gateway Dial-Peer/Translation configurations
- Proficient with Telephony Service Provider integration over MPLS
- Proficient with CUIC reporting designs and dashboards
- Experienced with SQL/ECC variables for manipulating report outputs
- Experienced with 3rd party SIP endpoint and trunk integration
- Proficient with bulk administration and migration tools for Cisco UC systems
- Intermediate experience with Java based API consumption between CVP and API source
Specifically Required UC Collaboration Systems:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Contact Center Express
- Contact Center Enterprise ICM / CVP
- Cisco IM and Presence
- Cisco Voice gateways (MGCP/H323/SIP/CUBE)
- Calabrio WFM QM
- Valcom IP Paging
Specifically Required Video Collaboration Systems:
- Tandberg/Telepresence room conferencing solutions via TMS/VCS-C/VCS Expressway systems
- VTC Endpoints
- Cisco Meeting Server
- O365 integration to Cisco UC systems
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.