Sr. Test Automation Engineer
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
Sr. Test Automation Engineer
How this role will make an impact:
PetSmart is aggressively accelerating its digital capabilities and we are looking for experienced leaders who can drive us forward. The Sr. Test Automation Engineer will drive digital automation, build upon the current foundation, and help us to grow our QA practice. We are seeking a strong, technical individual with a passion for the digital and mobile space.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Lead engineering efforts related to automated testing
- Partner with Digital leadership team to develop automation strategy and execution plan
- Work with product stakeholders to identify and prioritize tests that are candidates for automation
- Develop new automated test cases and enhance current test suite as new functionality is built
- Run automated test suite and evaluate performance, functionality, and scalability
- Collect and report data pertaining to digital reliability and performance
- Work with development and delivery teams to enhance the testability of their code, and to analyze and resolve defects in a timely matter
- Provide on-site guidance and mentorship to other test automation engineers across the commerce and customer experience space
- Lead IS and Business partner teams through automation strategy, findings, and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with IS leadership team to ensure automated test code adheres to PetSmart standards and participate in automation strategy and optimization efforts across IS
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with a continuous integration tool, such as Jenkins
- Expert level of experience automating web and mobile application across multiple devices and platforms using test automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Appium, TestNG, and JUnit/NUnit
- Experience reviewing code and providing feedback to development for quality and testability
- Experience reviewing unit tests for coverage and effectiveness. Experience writing unit tests preferred.
- Solid understanding of software testing practices and agile development
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills and sense of teamwork
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.