Sr. Space Planner - HardgoodsLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID MP-19-6703 Apply Now
How this role will make an impact:
The Sr. Space and Assortment Optimization Planner is a key associate on the Merchandise Planning and Allocation team. In this role, you manage a portfolio of merchandising strategies that is encompassing of the overarching vision and strategy for the company, as well as, learned customer shopping patterns. You will partner and mentor the divisional space planning team through continuous development and advancement, by leading efforts to drive improvements in our merchandising. You will blend both the art and science, resulting in decisions that drive measurable improvements in productivity and the overall customer experience.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Apply a customer centric mentality to drive actionable insights that are derived from utilization of critical thinking skills needed to interpret large sets of internal and external data sources. These actions are to generate measurable increases in productivity and key indicators of customer engagement
- Guide the divisional space team with store or clustered SKU analytics that determine the most optimal assortment, placement, and capacity by version.
- Develop measurable goals for each strategic initiative related to category release to create a baseline for expectations
- Conduct post-mortems to identify key learnings from strategic changes and insights for future developments
- Support company or divisional led initiatives; including but not limited to: localization, SKU rationalization, test and learns, new store prototypes, or general location productivity analyses
Ensuring Best-in-Class Execution
- Advise the space planning team through the creation of planograms that align and maintain a consistent customer experience. This experience is both for our internal and external customers. For internal customers, it includes but is not limited to a comprehensive and thorough plan to make strategies come to life in-store. And for our external customers, this includes but is not limited to merchandising our assortments based on how the customer shops.
- Guide the team through strict adherence to timelines associated with category release lifecycles
- Audit planogram integrity and compliance with divisional/company standards
Subject Matter Expert and Trainer
- Be a subject matter expert and trainer within key software suites; assisting in day-to-day operations, as well as, new hire onboarding and training
- Influence and mentor a best-in-class team to exhibit curiosity, willingness to try new things, learn from mistakes, take prudent risks, and see each day as a competition to be won
- Influence key stakeholder groups (executives, marketers, merchants, financial planners, floor and space planners, fulfillment planners, etc.) on strategies and direction
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and minimum 2 year’s related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retail experience preferred
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
If you are havingdifficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.