Sr. Security Engineer - Threat & ResponseLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID IT-18-6349 Apply Now
Sr. Security Engineer – Threat & Response
How this role will make an impact:
Do you have a natural curiosity and desire to understand how data and events can be related? Are you passionate about cyber security and desire to understand new threats and vulnerabilities? Do you love pets?
PetSmart is looking for a Sr. Security Engineer with a focus on threat and response. This individual is a key member of our cyber security team focusing on Incident Response, Threat Intelligence, and Threat Hunting. This role engages with our Business Partners, Security Operations Center, and Threat Intelligence partners to lead cyber security investigations and build out new capabilities.
This position is for an individual with a strong background in information security technologies and processes. The Sr. Security Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and implementing security tools, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments. They will have the ability to learn and implement a variety of security technologies, such as vulnerability management, data leakage prevention, intrusion prevention, log management and security event management. This position will also require an individual who can work well with both technical and non-technical business partners.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Lead cyber security investigations and incident response function
- Coordinate between the SOC, IT, Business Partners, and 3rd parties in support of incident response
- Analyze current attack trends to design and implement technical and process-oriented countermeasures
- Build, configure, and support security technologies
- Develop and mature a threat hunting practice
- Engage with projects to develop appropriate security instrumentation of solutions and support the Security Architecture and Risk function
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 5+ years progressive experience in Information Technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/MIS, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Splunk technologies
- Knowledge of Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards, visualizations, and report development
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and working experience with common IT Platforms: Windows, Linux, AIX, MS SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, SAP, Directory Services, AWS, Azure, Salesforce, etc.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack & network technologies
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Click here to meet Mike Goodwin, PetSmart’s CIOhttps://vimeo.com/254726837
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities