Sr. SAP HCM Application Analyst
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
Sr. SAP HCM Application Analyst
How this role will make an impact:
This position is responsible for hands on functional configuration in SAP HCM, with a primary focus on Payroll (US and CA), Benefits, Taxes, ESS/MSS and OM/PA, BSI tubs. Provide SAP HCM support for global install base performing required system configuration, various testing activities (regression and project related), along with following the established change management process. A successful candidate must be able to analyze and document business flow from end to end. This position will be part of IT operations/AMS.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Configure and support the SAP HCM functions and related integrations to other SAP components.
- Primary responsibility is to provide support (e.g., break/fix, how to expertise, minor enhancements, monitoring, testing) to our business to maintain their productivity level
- The role is within IT operations team and the daily job includes monitoring the ticketing queues, resolving and closing the tickets on timely manner.
- The person is also responsible for Technical troubleshooting, quarterly and year end HCM activities.
- Should have an expert knowledge on SAP HCM Wage Types, Processing Time Data, Payments and Deductions, Schemas, Functions, Calculation Rules, Deductions, Taxes, Benefits/Payroll Integration, Garnishments, Off-Cycle Processing, ESS/MSS, Third Party Remittance, OM / PA
- SAP HR ABAP experience is good to have.
- Should be willing to work and support non-SAP HCM applications such as Question Mark, Skill port, Concur Etc.,
- Work closely with Business teams and supporting BAU activities.
- Understands in detail how the business works; knowledgeable current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they interrelate to other areas. Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes.
- Ensures detailed technical requirements are captured from appropriate IT teams. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical design system/application capabilities and negotiates resolution.
- Create and Implement the quality assurance strategy, approach and plan. Create and execute test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with the Developers and business teams.
- Lead small to medium sized projects end-to-end
- Provide ongoing support, as required, to business functions.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5 years of experience in configuring SAP HCM solutions and supporting SAP ECC 6.0
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required
- Confidence and ability to make recommendations for selection of appropriate SAP HCM business processes to meet business requirements effectively
- Demonstrated experience in working on different software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management methodologies and application implementation methodologies
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.