Sr. QA Analyst
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
How this role will make an impact:
PetSmart is aggressively accelerating its pet services software capabilities and we are looking for experienced leaders who can drive us forward.The Senior QA Tester will manage quality and testing efforts across the entire Services Program. They are responsible for assuring that their assigned solutions and services meet PetSmart's standards and customers' expectations for quality.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Plan, design, craft and execute testing strategies for solutions and services in a complex integrated environment
- Coordinate various test-related activities for project delivery: identifying task dependencies, test schedules, creation of test data, utilization of test environments, etc.
- Work with product stakeholders to identify and prioritize tests that are candidates for integration, regression and automation.
- Ensure that unit testing, code reviews, functional testing, integration testing, regression/end-to-end testing, etc. are implemented and completed to meet functionality, performance, scalability and security goals.
- Play a role in planning and running automated test suites and evaluate performance, functionality, and scalability. Plan for and lead enterprise testing as well as load and performance testing.
- Experience reviewing unit tests for coverage and effectiveness.
- Delegate/Co-ordinate, manage and lead internal teams to deliver on QA efforts
- Providing constructive feedback throughout the development lifecycle
- Develop new test cases and enhance current test suite as new functionality is built
- Manage the status of defects/enhancements in the issue tracking/change management system
- Collect and report data pertaining to bug detection, defect testing results and performance.
- Work with development and delivery teams to enhance the testability of their code, and to analyze and resolve defects in a timely matter
- Provide on-site guidance and mentorship to other QA testers
- Partner with IS and Business teams through testing strategy, findings, and continuous improvement
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 6-8 years of strong QA Testing experience
- Solid understanding of software testing practices and agile development
- Strong Analytical skills that helps with working independently under minimal direction.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Team player with strong oral and written communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills to manage and run QA teams
- Experience with Jira/Confluence or similar project management platform
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum frameworks and Waterfall methodology
- Strong customer focus
- Passion for delivering quality software solutions, systems and services
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience with Salesforce platform testing (Salesforce Lightning is added bonus)
- Experience in testing with web, mobile application and API messaging across multiple devices.
- Experience with test tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Appium, TestNG, JUnit/NUnit, SoapUI, Swagger, and Postman.
- Experience with RESTful web services, JSON payload structures and HTTP error codes is very important.
- Experience with Retail, Merchandising, Finance, CRM, Digital or Mobile solutions preferred
- Stress/Performance/Security testing experience is a plus
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.