Sr. Project ManagerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID IT-19-6459 Apply Now
Sr Project Manager – SAP Technologies
How this role will make an impact:
Is your passion leading major system changes? Are you invigorated by coaching teams adopting agile practices? Do you love pets and want to add your experience in delivering systems as we focus on Petsmart being the trusted partner of pet parents and their pets?
IT Project Managers lead large scale efforts using methods built on industry standards such as scaled agile, scrum, modified waterfall and Kanban practices.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Manage complex, technical projects ensuring clear value based deliverables, effective teamwork with quality and enterprise grade quality and 'ilities' (scalability, security, performance, monitoring) planned into Minimally Viable Product (MVP) and subsequent project releases
- Drive development of relevant project artifacts and ceremonies as defined by Petsmart’s IS Services Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to foster transparency on value delivered, schedule/velocity, costs, risks, resource utilization and change control for program, projects & continuous development
- Drive adoption of agile techniques. Deliver IT PMO training, real time coaching & project analysis
- Analyze and drive continuous project learning through sprint results
- Foster self-managing project teams
- Deliver end of sprint IT status communication leveraging IT tooling and processes
- Demonstrate functional, technical and business process knowledge of SAP. Desired: FI, HR and SAP Retail
- Oversee project budget management, reporting, analysis and financial reviews
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 7+ years IT experience required in an enterprise level organization
- 3+ years of highly complex project management required
- 1+ years Agile experience required.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, IS Management or equivalent experience is preferred
- Knowledge of functional, technical and business processes for one or more SAP Functional Areas: FI, HR or SAP Retail
- Knowledge of project system environment management; Integrations, Implementation (design, dev, QA), Change Management, Training and coordination of environment utilization
- Knowledge of Risk management skills and can demonstrate driving contingency planning with leadership teams
- Knowledge to manage budget responsibilities of $3M –$15M
- Knowledge of IT Capital and Expense budgeting, classification and spend processes leveraging SAP
- Skills to foster organizational transition to continuous development and using agile techniques
- Skill to author and coach business Epics and decomposition to User Stories in agile language
- Skill to summarize (Executives / senior leadership) and decompose into details (team level) communications skills
- Skill to maintaining the overall delivery for project(s) in your area of focus
- Skill to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Skill to defuse tension and drive to resolution among project teams should it arise
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft Project Enterprise desired
- Hands on knowledge of Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, HipChat) desired
- Agile Practitioner Certification (e.g. PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4 or SA)
- MS Project
- ITIL, Lean Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Click here to meet Mike Goodwin, PetSmart’s CIOhttps://vimeo.com/254726837
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities