Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Supply ChainLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1477 Apply Now
The Supply Chain team focuses on keeping things moving across all aspects of our business. They make an impact by ensuring our products get from the vendors to the DCs to the stores in the most efficient and timely way. Their goal is to improve each step within the process, so we have the right product at the right place at the right time for our pet parents.
About the Job:
This position is responsible for leading and supporting continuous improvement and project management efforts within the organization. The incumbent utilizes business intelligence, data management, change management and standard project management tools of Six Sigma. The purpose of this position is to eliminate waste, optimize cost and improve service for high impact programs.
This position does not directly supervise staff but as project leader, will have associates indirectly reporting for project assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Continuous Improvement: Contributes to and executes initiatives to improve processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the organization to provide value added solutions. Works with business units to assess issues, develop recommendations and implement business improvement processes. Creates an improvement process methodology that identifies, captures, and applies improvements to business process development and maintenance methodologies based on lessons learned, industry best practices, and feedback from customers. Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma methodology to drive continuous improvement. Identifies opportunities for new systems functionality and enhances key business metrics/processes improving business outcomes. Focuses on reducing recurring issues through detailed issue resolution, training and documentation. Ensures that reporting enables the organization to meet or exceed performance guarantees, store requirements and provide data for performance analysis.
- Project Administration: Facilitates medium to large cross-functional and cross-departmental projects with high complexity and cross-organizational impact. Completes required analysis, design and development deliverable documentation. Measures, interprets and reports on the performance of project impact to the organization. Provides interpretations and recommendations to leadership teams.
- Business Intelligence: Uses data to make better-informed decisions about the business. Intelligently transforms and aggregates data for data discovery. Delivers business analytics (everything from rapid data discovery to predictive analytics) to the right people at the right place and time.
- Reporting: Researches, explores and tests reporting functionality and upgrade opportunities working closely with other departments (including IT partners) to configure a stable, standard and scalable reporting platform for the organization. Helps establish appropriate metrics and reports to guide leadership. This position will include the responsibility of first line support for all applicable reporting issues and coordinating the right avenue for timely resolution.
- Change Management: Identifies, evaluates and defines impact of changes, provides alternatives inclusive of upstream and downstream components and communicates as needed.
In concert with department peers, department leadership, and operations; establishes, maintains and supports common utilization of reporting systems. Supports consistency and standardization across the organization.
- In some roles, ensures reporting systems have adequate user security measures, role assignments and menu structure and effectively meet individual user and compliance requirements.
- In some roles, may be required to provide on-call support. Position requires up to 25% travel. As such this position may require flexible work hours.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Requires knowledge normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or related field.
- Requires proficiency typically obtained with 5+ years leading process improvement projects and programs in a retail, manufacturing, or comparable environment.
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain management strategies and concepts required.
- Requires strong knowledge of business operations with the ability to conceptualize, document, and communicate solutions to better align with business strategy and meet objectives.
- Requires strong analytical and problem solving (critical and evaluative thinking) skills to analyze complex data for trends and translate into actionable business recommendations.
- Ability to develop and implement complex project plans and strategies required. Requires demonstrated ability to lead project or cross-functional teams to resolve, implement or reach consensus on issues.
- Requires ability to mine and merge large amounts of rich data sources, ensure data consistency, make data driven predictions to drive profitable courses of action, and create visualizations to aid in understanding data. Candidate must have outstanding leadership and human relations skills to build effective relationships with team, leadership and business partners.
- Listens attentively and responds in a sensitive and appropriate manner, treating all with respect and dignity.
- Requires written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information to all levels of leadership.
- Requires strong facilitation, influencing and organization skills.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment where priorities can change quickly.
Preferred: Industrial Engineering degree preferred in some roles. Six Sigma and Lean tools/methodologies strongly preferred. Retail experience preferred. SAP experience preferred. PMP preferred. MicroStrategy Certifications preferred in some roles.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and other systems as required.
- Proficiency of SQL and Oracle required in some roles
- In some roles, MicroStrategy Developer Certification may be required or ability to obtain within 6 months
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt), and Project Management are highly preferred
- MicroStrategy Certifications may be preferred in some roles
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities