Sr. Network Engineer
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
This is a senior level position in the Service Delivery - Enterprise Network Operations group. This position focuses on the operational support of PetSmart’s Enterprise Network as well as project work in support of company initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years hands-on experience in a Sr. Network Engineer role
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Management of PetSmart’s production data center and cloud environments.
- Capacity and performance planning, running software upgrades after hours on production platforms, data center build-outs, and change management.
- Execute routine changes, provisioning services, and deployments.
- Fault isolation, service recovery, and incident analysis.
- Develop standards, procedures and other documentation.
- Provide 3rd level networking support to other teams.
- Support complex networks
- Continuously identify and leverage new technologies or methodologies.
- Vendor engagement and relationship management.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotations.
- Provide direction and training for other network engineers.
- Advanced routing and routing protocols
- Cisco ISR/ASR series routers
- Cisco iWAN, EIGRP & BGP protocols, utilization of VRFs
- Cisco switching: Nexus 7K/5K/2K/FEX + entire Catalyst series
- Advanced Wireless skills, including Cisco WLCs, Cisco autonomous access points, and Mist cloud-based access points.
- Ability to design & support WAN connectivity to over 1640 remote sites
- Ability to design & support WAN & LAN connectivity to multiple data centers, including cloud-based data centers.
- Network security including ASA firewalls, FIrePower firewalls, proxies, ACLs, IPSec, VPN, SSL/TLS, PKI
- F5 Load Balancer configuration and support
- SolarWinds Network Monitoring
- VOIP and UCCE experience a plus
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven documentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Creative problem solving and design
- Function well in a team as well as individually
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering from an accredited college or university or certification.
- Commensurate on-the-job training or demonstrated self-study may substitute.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.