Sr. Manager, Social ResponsibilityLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1866 Apply Now
Our Product Development group focuses on delivering customer-centric innovations that are available only at PetSmart. This allows us to create products and solutions that our pet parents are asking for that they can’t find anywhere else. This team partners with Merchandising, Brand Management, Product Design & Integrity, and Global Sourcing to bring the product from vision to reality.
About the Job:
This position is responsible for managing the implementation of the company’s Social Responsibility program for private and exclusive brand suppliers. As the liaison between factories and the Phoenix Home Office, this position owns the end to end program and process execution, and assists department leadership with projects, and in identifying and developing supplier and factory candidates for compliance, training, and other programs. This position is based out of the Phoenix Home Office.
This position directly supervises one Quality Assurance Analyst, and has indirect supervision of supplier and factory partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Liaisons between factories, Phoenix Home office, and field staff.
- Reviews and processes audit booking forms.
- Reviews audit results and process corrective action plans (CAPs).
- Manages CAP responses, review electronic evidence, and provide guidance on remediation.
- Manages interface with order system for supplier and factory activations and suspensions.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for collaboration, including with peers and industry organizations.
- Assists with regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Represents company in industry forums.
- Assists department leadership in:
- Identifying supplier and factory candidates for compliance projects
- Developing and conducting internal and external training
- Identifying supplier and factor candidates for worker empowerment programs
- Maintains relationships with key partners, including third-party service providers, internal Sourcing/Buying/QA teams, and private/exclusive brand suppliers and factories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail, Operations Management, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in social compliance. Production and retail experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel occasionally, nationally, and internationally by air, sea and/or ground transportation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information to all levels of leadership and key partners, including third-party service providers, suppliers and factories.
- Sstrong facilitation, influencing and organization skills.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment where priorities can change quickly.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze data for trends and needed intervention.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and other systems as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities