Sr. Manager Merchandise Planning - ConsumablesLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1363 Apply Now
Our Merchandise Planning and Allocation (MP&A) teams are the driving forces behind making the organization’s product visions available to our consumers through calculated and strategic measures. Your involvement in sales and margin forecasts, promotional performance analysis, inventory management, and vendor relationships will play a critical role in obtaining goals while maintaining PetSmart’s reputation in the market as a trusted partner to pet parents.
About the Job:
How this role will make an impact:
- The Sr. Manager, Merchandise Planning is responsible for developing the overall merchandise financial and space strategies for their respective Division.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- As a Senior Merchandise Financial & Space Planning Manager, you will be responsible for leading the development of accurate annual and seasonal financial plans (sales, margin, inventory and turn) that support the merchandise strategy and financial objectives for your respective division. Also, you will be responsible for leading both the assortment decision making process and space change decisions for both major category releases as well as localization and optimization projects that support the merchandise strategy and financial objectives for your respective division. In addition to that, you will:
- Provide strategic direction to the Merchandise Planners for all components of a rolling merchandise forecast (sales, margin, receipts, inventory and turn).
- Provide strategic direction to the Space Planners to consolidate optimization data components and perform advanced quantitative analysis; interpret data trends and create space recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Buying/Sourcing and Allocation teams to influence assortment and promotional initiatives and projects.
- Partner with the vendor community on both short and long-term planning activities to align on a joint Sales, COGS, Receipt, and Marketing plan that ties to the division and corporate level plan.
- Lead the identification of risks and opportunities and communicate in a timely manner to the business, recommending strategies to achieve financial goals and protect inventory investments.
- Lead the analysis to provide localized assortment recommendations at category level to drive sales and margin growth
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis using from departmental databases, CRM, JDA, consumer insights to support the enterprise
- Integrate all processes and systems to fully optimize plan accuracy, efficiency, inventory productivity, and space utilization.
- Accountable for team development to include recruiting, training, and succession planning.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a business focus.
- 7 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- JDA Enterprise Planning and JDA Intactix (or equivalent) preferred
About the Culture:
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities