Sr Manager, Industrial EngineeringLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1790 Apply Now
The Supply Chain team focuses on keeping things moving across all aspects of our business. They make an impact by ensuring our products get from the vendors to the DCs to the stores in the most efficient and timely way. Their goal is to improve each step within the process, so we have the right product at the right place at the right time for our pet parents.
About the Job:
Sr. Manager Industrial Engineering
This job is responsible for Distribution’s continuous improvement, operational excellence and the labor management program and leads a team of engineers in multiple locations. The role focuses on promoting network alignment through partnerships across multiple levels to set direction for operational improvements that increase productivity, improve service and/or reduce cost.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Major Responsibility 1 Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations for department.
- Develops goals, expectations and development activities for the team.
- Oversees the company's distribution labor management program to ensure consistent application across the network and accuracy of standards.
- Partners with other areas of the business to identify opportunities to drive efficiency in operations through improvements in process, technology and systems
- Provides guidance to DC teams for consistent execution of processes and best practice.
- This position has 9 or more direct reports.
- PREFERRED: Proficiency in SQL; Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodology;
- Experience conducting time studies and development of engineered labor standards
- Experience with Warehouse and labor management systems
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Requires knowledge normally obtained through bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Requires proficiency typically obtained with 7+ year’s experience in relevant or related position in engineering support or operations improvement in a retail, manufacturing or comparable environment.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities