Sr HR CoordinatorLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1558 Apply Now
Our Human Resources team defies all conventional expectations and is a business-connected solutions provider. The work we do directly aligns with the company’s core areas of focus, and we ensure that associates and leaders are ready to support those strategic objectives. Our HR team is comprised of different departments, including Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Shared Services. We enable meaningful careers for all and build our AWEsome Associate Workplace Experience!
About the Job:
This position is responsible for driving, managing and coordinating various HR processes and procedures related to PetSmart Associate Assistance Foundation (PAAF), as well as manage the life-cycle of PetSmart’s unemployment claims. This individual will also research, collect, analyze and relay data for trends and inconsistencies as well as make decisions for process improvements and coordinate daily tactical planning for those changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PetSmart Associate Assistance Foundation:
- Serves as the point of contact for all PAAF requests and will assist associates through the entire request life cycle by ensuring approval of PAAF requests, making recommendations to the PAAF committee around assistance amounts, as well as initiating payments
- Ensures that the PAAF operations remain compliant within established PAAF guidelines, policies and procedures, and governing 501 (c) (3) laws.
- Responsible for developing and executing the short term and long-term improvement strategy of the PAAF program and communicating with multiple levels of associates, up to and including, senior leadership
- Serves as the point of contact for all employment claims and will manage the process through its lifecycle
- Provides support, including educating our leaders on the unemployment claim process, processing unemployment documents, performing research and ensuring accurate and timely information is provided to state agencies. Initiate timely telephone calls, faxes or emails to leaders or other HR divisions, to be completed, to obtain, document or pass along needed information
- Uses the details regarding an employee's separation provided by leaders to interpret and apply state laws and regulations in response to unemployment documents
- Responds to state agencies with all pertinent details within the time frame allowed by the state/departmental procedures
- Acts as the liaison with our unemployment vendor to schedule quarterly meetings to ensure maximum partnership and determine unemployment trends and spending for senior leaders
- Performs any additional functions needed to meet the goals of the department
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in a cross-functional HR/Legal/Customer Service environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skilled at analyzing complex issues and multiple data points in order to create solid recommendations for solutions
- Must be able to research, conduct meetings with upper-management and evaluate the information in order to respond on behalf of the Company
- Ability to build and maintain cross-functional and multi-level relationships, including to the SVP level
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated familiarity with legal terms and regulatory agency language
- Must possess an advanced level of proficiency with Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Able to handle high volume of work and work under deadlines
- Able to demonstrate strong critical thinking, organization and time management skills
- Able to make decisions regarding process improvements
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities