Sr. Director, Talent AcquisitionLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1970 Apply Now
Our Human Resources team defies all conventional expectations and is a business-connected solutions provider. The work we do directly aligns with the company’s core areas of focus, and we ensure that associates and leaders are ready to support those strategic objectives. Our HR team is comprised of different departments, including Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Shared Services. We enable meaningful careers for all and build our AWEsome Associate Workplace Experience!
About the Job:
The Senior Director, Talent Acquisition leads PetSmart’s enterprise-wide talent acquisition function, including corporate, field and distribution centers. This role plans, develops, and directs recruitment and employment brand strategies, processes and employment programs. The Senior Director, Talent Acquisition is a key member on the HR leadership team, contributing to HR strategy and building a high-performing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for designing, implementing and managing end-to-end, company-wide recruitment processes that ensure the delivery of a pipeline of qualified candidates with the greatest efficiency, from recruitment strategy session to new hire onboarding.
- Leads the development and effective management of PetSmart’s employment brand and candidate experience.
- Creatively develops and effectively executes new and progressive recruiting models, methodologies, and strategies for delivering business results.
- Manages PetSmart’s use of social media, employment advertising agencies, and development of strategic candidate sources.
- Responsible for all talent acquisition metrics, reporting and the integrity of the data, ensuring data accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of tool for past trends and forecasting. Develops and maintains performance metrics that provide clarity of trending, benchmarking and insight for making program and process improvements.
- Collaborate with business leaders to drive effectiveness of talent acquisition activities by leading strategic staffing discussions with business leaders and HR partners to appropriately and continually align recruiting objectives with evolving business objectives and demonstrates the use of non-traditional recruiting methodologies.
- Manages the recruiting budget, contracts and financial requirements with strong oversight and accountability. Develops, seeks approval for, and administers areas of Talent Acquisition budget responsibility.
- Develops relationships, manages and partners with external vendors and other groups (e.g., military) to ensure best practices and models are implemented.
- Oversees the selection and management of external search partners and talent acquisition vendor relationships ensuring the proper mix of in-house and external staffing resources.
- Manages enterprise-wide domestic and international relocation programs.
- Assesses external labor market conditions, analyzes trends, creates metrics and understands business needs to develop highly effective and proactive recruiting strategies.
- Directly recruits and/or partners with external agencies for Vice President level searches.
- Partners with VP of HR, SVP and CHRO, and/or external agencies for Senior Vice President and above level searches.
- Oversees company Emerging Talent function, responsible for establishing, maintaining, and leveraging relationships with colleges/universities to source early career talent. Partners with the business to create and administer Emerging Talent programs designed to accelerate early career talent on campus.
- Oversees Recruiting Operations function, responsible for managing candidate experience from application to hire, including the interview experience, as well as the relocation program.
- Responsible for maintaining multiple Applicant Tracking Systems to ensure excellent candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Up to 15% travel required, including overnight and/or international travel as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in relevant field is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is permissible.
- 10+ years of progressive recruitment experience managing a variety of talent acquisition programs.
- 5 - 7 years of corporate (public or private) and retail experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading and building high performing talent acquisition teams, preferably with remote team experience.
- Experience with leading organizations in organizational development, talent acquisition, talent development or talent management.
- Successful track record creating innovative, progressive approaches to talent acquisition and candidate sourcing methodologies.
- Experience creating employment branding and value proposition strategies.
- Strong results and process improvement orientation with sense of urgency to achieve goals and results.
- Strong analytical abilities, exceptional financial and business acumen and operational management vision.
- Leads team of approximately 20 associates, under 4 direct reports that drive talent acquisition through Emerging Talent, Corporate Recruiting, Field/DC Recruiting, and Recruiting Operations.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Experience with HR applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities