Sr Corporate Merch AnalystLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1623 Apply Now
Our Merchandise Planning and Allocation (MP&A) teams are the driving forces behind making the organization’s product visions available to our consumers through calculated and strategic measures. Your involvement in sales and margin forecasts, promotional performance analysis, inventory management, and vendor relationships will play a critical role in obtaining goals while maintaining PetSmart’s reputation in the market as a trusted partner to pet parents.
About the Job:
The Sr. Corporate Merch Analyst is responsible for executing and managing the macro space processes and analysis within the Merch Space Planning, Allocation and Replenishment Business. This role will support and guide both the assortment and space change decision making process with an enterprise focus on space changes as well as ad-hoc optimization projects. The analyst will provide data, insights, tools and recommendations to support Corporate Planning optimization strategies. This role will partner closely with the business to make sound optimization decisions.
Responsible for strategy development, planning and execution within the Assortment Optimization and Space Planning function, this team works with Buying, Merchandising Planning and Allocation, Store Operations and Real Estate. They will work collaboratively, blending art and science, using both financial and consumer information to form recommendations enabling process-driven decisions leading to greater profitability in execution of corporate strategy.
- Consolidate optimization data components and perform advanced quantitative analysis; interpret data trends and create recommendations based on findings.
- Communicate optimization findings to Merchandising team and other business partners.
- Implement and measure recommendations as appropriate.
- Uncover and build a comprehensive understanding of the needs of customers within the separate lines of business (Enterprise Wide) and translate those needs into actionable recommendations.
- Work closely with various cross-functional and project teams as subject matter expert for Space Planning and Assortment Optimization.
- Conduct Ad-Hoc analyses using data from departmental databases, CRM and JDA to support merchandising and the general business.
- Actively creates and leads special projects that drive growth opportunities
- Lead the analysis for corporate level space analysis and assortment recommendations.
- Leverage data insights to recommend areas to shrink and grow
- Working with business users and IT in enhancing planning applications and processes by translating the business needs into IT requirements
- Collects and manages external data, encompassing competitive trends, market trends, and consumer trends.
- Creates the analysis required to optimize national and clustered assortments.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Computer Science from four-year college or five years related professional experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail experience is preferred.
- MBA a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Self directed, independent thinker.
- Ability to synthesize multiple data sets into a coherent “story” and effectively communicate to various levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to present recommendations and influence business partners.
- Business focused with strong analytical background.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with retail applications preferred (SAP, JDA).
- Experience with BI/Data Warehousing Tool (MicroStrategy/Cognos or related tool) and demonstrated intermediate proficiency in Access, Excel and other related applications.
- Experience working with data using SQL and Alteryx
- Python/R skills a plus
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities