Sr. Corporate Internal AuditorLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID FN-19-6537 Apply Now
IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THE “UPLOAD RESUME” BUTTON PLEASE USE THE “COPY AND PASTE” METHOD TO SHARE YOUR RESUME. THANK YOU.
In this position, you will be working with a highly motivated and highly collaborative team of four where every day is a new challenge. You will be exposed to many different facets of the PetSmart business, with excellent opportunities to grow your skills and career. This journey includes leveraging “best in class” solutions, processes, and strategies to drive positive results within the Audit team. In addition, you will be responsible for conducting operational and financial audits, internal controls (SOX) testing, and special projects as assigned. You will lead audits and deliver recommendations that add value to, and improve the efficiency of company operations.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Plan and perform internal audits to assess process effectiveness and control design in order to make meaningful contributions to drive results in the organization.
- Possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills – i.e., demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and recommend solutions.
- Prepare audit programs, work papers detailing audit procedures, process diagrams, and ensure adequate audit evidence in accordance with departmental and professional standards.
- Supervise corporate Internal Audit engagements, as assigned, and provide training and guidance to audit staff.
- Communicate audit findings and opportunities for improvement to management.
- Perform special projects of varying complexity and business focus as directed by Internal Audit management.
- Provide audit assistance on integrated IT audits.
- Act as a department liaison to various PetSmart business functions and committees as determined by Internal Audit management. Develop and maintain relationships with various control owners and other constituents throughout the organization.
- Understand and assess business objectives, risks and controls to ensure significant risks are identified and appropriate controls are established to reduce or eliminate the risk.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of emerging professional standards, regulatory initiatives, and retail industry trends, opportunities, and threats.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ (combined) experience in internal audit, finance, or retail industry.
- Accounting experience is beneficial and retail experience is a plus.
- Possessing or currently pursuing one of the following certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Six Sigma, or other relevant professional designation.
- Familiarity with internal control frameworks, professional audit standards, best practices, and guidelines (e.g. COSO 2013, IIA IPPF).
- Working knowledge of business management concepts (i.e. objectives, risks, and controls).
- Proven experience managing or completing complex, cross-functional projects, audits or similar work.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management (technical and non-technical) and other colleagues, demonstrating strong initiative, mature judgment, professionalism, adaptability, and a customer service orientation.
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive in researching business best practice concepts to apply as appropriate.
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, productively, and follow through on all responsibilities to bring projects to a successful conclusion while meeting all deadlines and commitments.