Sr. Accounting AnalystLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1812 Apply Now
Our Finance team ensure we are accountable and on track to company strategies. Their responsibilities include forecasting, in-season management, and analysis across business units. From sales and margin to operations and expenses, our Finance team provides consistent, accurate information to cross-functional partners to support PetSmart's growth initiatives.
About the Job:
In this position, you will be working with a highly motivated and highly collaborative team where every day is a new challenge. The Corporate Accounting team is responsible for the month-end close and preparation of the consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. As a member of the Corporate Accounting team, you will be exposed to many different facets of the PetSmart Accounting and Finance team, with excellent opportunities to grow your skills and career.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare consolidated statement of cash flows on a monthly basis
- Prepares journal entries (with supporting calculations and schedules) and accruals for assigned areas.
- Reconciles account balances to ensure accuracy and completeness of balances
- Prepares annual plan and forecast updates for assigned accounts and provides explanations for variances from plan and prior year
- Provides balance sheet year over year variance explanations
- Prepares various footnote disclosures
- Prepares policies and procedures, as needed
- Respond to audit requests
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-6 years accounting experience
- Current Certified Public Accountant (or in process), required
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities