Space PlannerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1501 Apply Now
Our Merchandise Planning and Allocation (MP&A) teams are the driving forces behind making the organization’s product visions available to our consumers through calculated and strategic measures. Your involvement in sales and margin forecasts, promotional performance analysis, inventory management, and vendor relationships will play a critical role in obtaining goals while maintaining PetSmart’s reputation in the market as a trusted partner to pet parents.
About the Job:
The Space and Assortment Optimization Planner is a key associate on the Merchandise Planning and Allocation team. In this role, you will build and owna visual merchandising strategythat is encompassing of the overarching vision and strategy for the company, as well as, learned customer shopping patterns. You will work collaboratively, blending art and science, using both financial and consumer information to form recommendations enabling decisions that lead to greater profitability and an improved customer shopping experience.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Perform advanced quantitative analysis utilizing internal and external sources to identify growth opportunities by interpreting customer and market behaviors.
- Design, articulate, and implement recommendations, based on findings from analysis, that support and increase emphasis on customer centricity and localization
- Measure results of implemented strategies to ensure strategies are achieving expectations
- Own the visual merchandising strategy for product categories within PetSmart that align with customer shopping behavior and decision trees (price, brand or feature, etc.)
- Create and/or maintain planogram assignments within JDA Space Planning that adheres to best practices, standards, and utmost accuracy for seamless in-store execution.
- Partner with buying, financial planning, and allocation teams to ensure merchandising strategy aligns to overall product category strategies.
- Partner with other cross-functional groups (fixture, marketing, store operations, pricing, etc.) to gain alignment on strategy and the execution of that strategy.
- Maintain and set future merchandising at the Merchandise Development Center (Simulated Store) to present and review with leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Accountable for adherence to category release timelines
- Ultimately responsible for communicating through a “planogram” the strategic intent of the category reset, as well as, the detailed execution notes on “how to” execute in-store.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and minimum 2 year’s related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retail experience preferred
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities