Solutions Architect IntegrationLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID IT-19-6501 Apply Now
Solutions Architect - Integration
Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, it is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the information to make strategic business decisions and process improvements.
As a Solutions Architect (integration) you are responsible for collaborating with the various PetSmart business areas to architect sustainable integration solutions to meet business needs and add significant business value. Provided solutions should be in alignment with enterprise architecture direction and standards. This includes designing and developing technical specifications for high-level and low-level application and data integration solutions. Solutions Architects are expected to have a deep understanding on integration patterns and styles, and specific technology knowledge domain to provide the most efficient integration solutions.
PetSmart needs you to drive our company success by providing accurate and reliable business information. This is an exciting time to join PetSmart and work with all the latest and greatest technologies!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Enterprise and other Solutions Architects, and business area teams to build detailed technical design and specification documents, to meet business needs for large complex projects, considering capabilities, risks, and system dependencies
- Participate in Solution (and other) architectural reviews and provide feedback and guidance in a structured manner to aide in robust solutions and adherence to standards (where applicable)
- Liaise with peers in Enterprise Architecture, Data Architecture, Operations, Data Analytics and Security to ensure support, adherence to standards and consistency in solution designs
- Provide strategic leadership and creative thinking to lead the technical delivery team through the project lifecycle
- Determine the logical integration services inventory for the solutions he is providing, identifying what the right pattern/style is applicable for each integration, and what the non-functional requirements are applicable
- Build logical designs and physical high-level views for each logical service
- Blue-printing for integration development as well as high-level estimates of LOE
- Create technical stories for Integration Developers to work on based on the blue-prints
- Build API specifications (Swagger) for Rest Webservices
- High-level code review in integration development to ensure the design and best practices have been followed
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines
- Mentor integration developers to grow skills in applying PetSmart’s best practices and standards
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or other technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years hands on Application and Data Integration solution architectures, integration patterns (ETL/ELT/API/Pub-Sub) and best practices
- Experience using tools in the PetSmart Platform: .Net(C#) / Azure App Services / Tibco BW / Mulesoft / Informatica
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience working with multiple SAP products and integrating with them using connectors, direct table mappings, IDOCs and BAPIs
- Experience on designing/building rest APIs with JSON and XML
- API management configuration and best practices
- Non-functional requirements gathering and solutioning experience
- Ability to develop successful relationships with external and internal partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) / Water-fall and Agile development
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues
- Strong self-leadership and ability to work independently and manage conflict
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,OUR PEOPLE.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities