Solutions Architect Integration
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
Solutions Architect - Integration
How this role will make an impact:
As a Solutions Architect (integration) you are responsible for collaborating with the various PetSmart business areas to architect sustainable integration solutions to meet business needs and add significant business value. Provided solutions should be in alignment with enterprise architecture direction and standards. This includes designing and developing technical specifications for high-level and low-level application and data integration solutions. Solutions Architects are expected to have a deep understanding on integration patterns and styles, and specific technology knowledge domain to provide the most efficient integration solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Drives the solutioning for large complex projects, collaborating with Enterprise and other Solutions Architects, and business area teams to build detailed technical design and specification documents, to meet business needs for large complex projects, considering capabilities, risks, system dependencies
- Liaise with peers in Enterprise Architecture, Data Architecture, Operations and Security to ensure support, adherence to standards and consistency in solution designs
- Provide strategic leadership and creative thinking to help the technical delivery team through the project lifecycle
- Create conceptual architecture views, collect and document architecture significant decisions and architecture key constraints
- Analyze architecture alternatives and provide recommendations on best options, considering input from the engineering teams
- Make sure that provided solutions meet overall non-functional requirements (supportability, performance, security, availability, scalability, and such)
- Determine the logical integration services inventory for the solutions he is providing, identifying what the right pattern/style is applicable for each integration, and corresponding non-functional requirements
- Build logical designs and physical high-level views for each logical service
- Blue-printing for integration development as well as high-level estimates of LOE
- Build initial draft for API specifications (Swagger) for Rest Webservices
- High-level code review in integration development to ensure the design and best practices have been followed
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines
- Mentor integration developers to grow skills in applying PetSmart’s best practices and standards
- Work with engineering and DevOps teams to help define CI/CD pipelines and automation to streamline deployments minimizing the impact in ongoing operations
- Keep up to date on industry architectural standards and trends
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or other technical discipline
- Minimum 8 years hands on Application and Data Integration solution architectures, integration patterns (ETL/ELT/API/Pub-Sub) and best practices
- Experience using tools in the PetSmart Platform: .Net(C#) / Azure App Services / Tibco BW / Mulesoft / Informatica
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience working with multiple SAP products and integrating with them using connectors, direct table mappings, IDOCs and BAPIs
- Experience on designing/building rest APIs with JSON and XML
- API management configuration and best practices
- Non-functional requirements gathering and solutioning experience
- Ability to develop successful relationships with external and internal partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) / Water-fall and Agile development
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues
- Strong self-leadership and ability to work independently and manage conflict
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Click here to meet Mike Goodwin, PetSmart’s CIOhttps://vimeo.com/254726837
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.