Software Engineer - iOS (iOS Developer)Location Phoenix, Arizona ID IT-18-6122 Apply Now
Software Engineer iOS
How this role will make an impact:
- The iOS Engineer role will design and develop mobile software as a member of Scrum teams. The role includes iOS development, unit and performance testing of both customer facing and internal facing mobile applications for iPhone and iPad devices. As part of the Application Development Team, this person will collaborate with Product Managers, Development Managers, and developers to produce high quality solutions to support PetSmart business.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, and unit test Mobile Applications in support of PetSmart business.
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback and determine proper implementation.
- Maintain, support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing and future mobile applications.
- Work with other developer, QA, marketing and sales teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
- Conduct peer reviews with developers.
- Research and recommend tools and technologies in support of mobile development.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education or experience
- 5 years of native iOS development
- Experience doing iOS SDK development in a commercial or professional environment. Must be hands-on and have experience publishing at least one consumer application to Apple App store or Enterprise deployments.
- Comfortable with iOS performance (memory, speed, networking) and experience using performance analysis tools (i.e. Instruments)
- In-depth knowledge of current technological trends, developments, and best practices in the area of information security, wireless network architecture, technologies, and concepts.
- Knowledgeable in any combination of the below skill set:
- iOS SDK
- Objective-C, XCode, Cocoa
- Core Data
- Core Location
- Image IO
- Map Kit
- Store Kit
- UI Kit
- Knowledge of GIT
- Network protocols including REST
- JSON, XML
- Push notifications
- Integration with mobile analytic SDK (i.e. Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, etc.)
- Passbook and location-aware integrations
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities