Social Media SpecialistLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1957 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love. They work to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own point of view to create a unique experience for the pets and pet parents.
About the Job:
We’re looking for a strategic communicator who has experience building and fostering fast growing social communities, with a focus on both the external customer experience in addition to developing internal policies, processes and programs to support. Our ideal candidate is social media savvy with a passion for strengthening and managing relationships with customers in the social space, a critical component for PetSmart. They have a proven track record of problem-solving and can effectively adjust a response strategy to fit the social channel and situation using excellent judgment and appropriate discretion.
This role will be responsible for the 2 - 11 p.m. shift and will be a combination of working from the Home Office and working from home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and execute PetSmart’s overall social care strategy for interfacing with customers
- Exercise leadership in identifying and creating new ways to enhance overall satisfaction of pet parents on PetSmart’s social media channels
- Actively monitor and engage with pet parents on all of PetSmart’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Leverage listening tools to monitor trends and identify real-time opportunities that make sense for PetSmart
- Partner with PR/Social Media team to quickly act on real-time opportunities and manage engagement process from start to finish
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications teams on strategic initiatives and external messaging
- Routinely update and maintain PetSmart’s social care playbook, including developing and implementing policies and procedures as needed
- Shared responsibility of weekend community management
- Oversee, manage and track/monitor both large and small-scale crisis on social media
- Identify threats in user generated content and partner with relevant business partners to quickly escalate the issue as needed and respond appropriately
- Recognize negative trends impacting pet parents through all social media platforms and be responsible for setting and communicating a plan of action for addressing such trend
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills with strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of social media channels (knowledge of monitoring/analytic tools is a plus)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills – able to identify, analyze, propose and deploy solutions to various care issues
- Collaborative team player with the ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- At least 1-2 years strategic communications experience
- Previous experience with social customer care is a plus
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities