Services Buiness Program ManagerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1510 Apply Now
There are a lot of activities that happen in our stores, so we have 2 operations teams to make sure things run smoothly: Store Operations team and Services Operations team. Store Operations leads all operations in the core section of our stores including merchandise execution, process improvement, associate engagement, live pet care, and labor optimization. Our Services group leads all the efforts for Pet Grooming, PetsHotel, Doggie Day Camp and Pet Training. Both teams work hard to take care of our associates, pets, and pet parents while also working to grow this unique piece of our business.
About the Job:
The Services Business Program Manager ensures successful coordination of the business activities required to implement and maintain the new Services system PRISM for Salon, PetsHotel and Pet Training. This position will manage all EPMO requirements for the project including business case submission, oversight and reporting, and financial analysis. Responsibilities include the planning and coordination of activity related to project communication, definition and testing activities, deployment planning and execution of change management strategies and plans to ensure a successful transition.
The Program Manager will have joint accountability for the Services management System Projects long-term success including achieving sign-off on all business and functional requirements and related issues. This individual will help the business project team to identify and resolve issues, manage project quality, and mitigate identified risks.
Coordinate and supervise activities of other team members resourced to the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and collaborates with IT PM on project schedules/plans, EPMO status reports, steering committee and stakeholder meeting agendas and reports, and scope planning.
- Ensures the business team utilizes uniform project management tools and methods that complement and support IT Project Framework methodologies.
- Negotiates business resources and forms business core team.
- Supports the management of the budget for business items.
- Participates in development of the business project plan/schedule and modifies as needed.
- Identifies risks and drives risk management plans to mitigate risks.
- Assists in resolving major issues, problems, and policy conflicts, removes conflicts.
- Manages the business project teams’ performance of project tasks and deliverables
- Coordinates and works with Business and IT team in the development of Business requirements and new business processes.
- Coordinates, drives and collaborates with the user test team and IT QA Lead to execute user acceptance testing.
- Drives and collaborates with the Training organization to execute a training and change management plan that addresses system operations, Business processes, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with the Business team to assess the readiness of the system and the organization to move the system into production.
- Documents, coordinates and collaborates with the Business and IT team on a “countdown to live” schedule that will be used to put the migrated systems into production.
- Responsible for ensuring readiness of Business resources for Pilot deploy and execution activities.
- Establishes appropriate levels of coordination, communication and liaison with project stakeholders.
- Tracks project progress against milestones and project dependence.
- Directs day-to-day activities of the business project team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business management or related field.
- 5+ years of project management experience including 2+ years in leadership roles for large scale delivery projects, as well as working within and through Systems Development Life Cycles
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong partnerships across an organization
- Ability to navigate effectively with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms
Manage the Business Training and Delivery aspects of the project budget.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Accountability for new Services system PRISM for Salon, PetsHotel and Pet Training long-term success including achieving sign-off on all business and functional requirements related issues. Helps the business project team identify and resolve issues, mange project quality, and manage project risk.
Ensure the correct business resources are identified and available for the project at all stages including definition, testing, training and warranty. Provide business communications to ensure stakeholders are up to date with the program, individual projects and delivery timelines.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Lean 6 Sigma (preferred), or
PMP (Project Management Professional) preferred
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities