Service Transition Manager
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
If you are having trouble applying for this role, please email me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Project Manager – IT Operational Readiness and Transition
PetSmart is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager for IT Operational Readiness and Transition who will be responsible for ensuring our operational readiness activities are planned, developed and executed in accordance with the operational readiness transition framework and within project and program timelines; resulting in a smooth transition into live operations. This role will be accountable for working with cross-functional teams to plan and oversee operational readiness activities as well as oversee communication, schedule and risk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the IT operational readiness and transition of highly complex, cross-functional projects impacting the enterprise.
- Plan and oversee IT operational readiness and transition activities ensuring they are managed within the project budget, and in accordance with timelines and quality criteria.
- Creation and implementation of the IT operational transition plans.
- Identify operational readiness activities and tasks throughout the project life-cycle.
- Provides guidance for determining required project deliverables (templates) and milestones for IT operational readiness.
- Engage and manage stakeholders effectively, resolving issues and understanding drivers/needs.
- Partners with Program Manager, Solution Managers, Application Leads and Technical leads throughout project life-cycle.
- Build and establish effective relationships to elicit information from key individuals internally and externally.
- Anticipate risks, drive contingency planning, and resolve roadblocks.
- Demonstrate abilities as a team leader; lead teams to create an atmosphere of trust.
- Provide guidance to a team of associates, Analyst, QA and Development team members.
- Develop strong relationships within IT and the business.
- Develop vendor partnerships supporting project delivery.
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Defuse tension among project team should it arise.
- Accountable for scope, schedule, and communication management.
- Participate in Project Leadership meetings.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with industry standard retail applications, leading the implementation of highly-complex systems and business capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Computer Science or related field preferred, and 10+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Proficient in project management discipline and tools; Jira, Confluence, MS Project, MS Office Suite.
- Service Transition experience preferred.
- Large cross-functional retail services experience preferred.
- PMP, CSM or other certifications with demonstrable application desired.
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.