Senior Sourcing AnalystLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1504 Apply Now
Our Finance team ensure we are accountable and on track to company strategies. Their responsibilities include forecasting, in-season management, and analysis across business units. From sales and margin to operations and expenses, our Finance team provides consistent, accurate information to cross-functional partners to support PetSmart's growth initiatives.
About the Job:
The Sourcing Analyst position is an integral part of the Procurement & Strategic Sourcing team which develops and leads sourcing initiatives across the enterprise for indirect goods and services (Goods not for resale). This individual contributor role brings expertise in data analytics, reporting and process improvement methodology to the team.
Additionally, this individual has the capability to proactively identify opportunities and implement tools and/or processes that improve efficiencies and eliminate waste. They have the ability to understand the sourcing team needs and translate it into the required analytics and/or process improvement actions.
KEY COMPETENCIES attributed to driving value include, but are not limited to the following:
Rigorous quantitative analysis and enrichment of data, development of reports with a high degree of quality and reliability, ability to influence, critical thinking and problem solving, relationship building, adaptability, strong verbal and written communication skills, strong math/statistical skills, financial modeling expertise, possess a sense of urgency and attention to accuracy and detail, ability to manage large volumes of data, effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously often with time pressures, ability to work productively and effectively as part of a team, desire and ability to learn new skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain historic and current YTD supplier spend reports (spend cube concept) for the sourcing teams to utilize in developing sourcing strategies and project priorities.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on completed and forecasted sourcing projects (capturing spend managed, P&L savings impact, budget adjustments, cost avoidance and project status).
- Departmental reporting of KPI’s.
- Other adhoc reports as requested
- “Total cost of ownership” analysis post project completion to confirm financial impact/benefits of the project taking into account all cost drivers (energy, labor, taxes, materials, transportation, profit, etc.).
- Extract and incorporate information from the Legal department contracts data base into Sourcing team reports to have visibility of contract expirations as part of spend category strategy development.
- Key point of contact for fielding requests and collecting information for new supplier on-boarding and directing it to the correct team member for review and final approval.
- Ensure all Procurement & Strategic Sourcing team processes are documented and reviewed periodically for opportunity to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Maintain department share point site as a key communication portal to the business
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or Finance from a four-year college or university and 1-3 years of related experience. Strong academic and work experience with statistics, accounting, advanced math and financial reporting. Strong knowledge of procurement & sourcing processes, procedures and best practices is desired.
- Extensive working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access, MicroStrategy and/or Business Intelligence (BI) and other advanced programming applications used for data definition and manipulation (SQL)
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP systems
- Understanding of e-Auction process and tools
- Knowledge of Ariba P2P or equivalent systems is preferred
- Knowledge of Jaggaer or equivalent Logistic system is preferred
- Financial statement comprehension (interface with financial analysts)
- Ability to interpret and utilize key financial and statistical data
- Knowledge of accounting processes
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Business Intelligence Analytics certification or training is preferred.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities