Senior Software Engineer (Full stack .NET)
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart!
We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents.
Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
Senior Software Engineer (Full stack .NET)
We are seeking a senior full stack .NET/C# developer responsible for developing and supporting applications with strong experience in implementing CI/CD for those applications. In addition to that this role also requires someone to be open to learn and apply new technologies as needed especially in automation, configuration management and orchestration spaces. Some of the tools that we use are Puppet, Ansible, Github, Jenkins, Artifactory etc.
- Perform all phases of development, including: requirements analysis, application configuration, integration, development and testing
- Automate application builds, testing and deployments
- Designing and implementing configuration management and automation
- Establishing and documenting guidelines and best practices
- Performing code reviews
- Maintain and support applications and tools owned by the team
- 5 or more years of full stack .NET/C# Services/Web-Applications Development experience along with implementation of automated build and deployments using standard tools like Github, Artifactory, Jenkins, MSbuild etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding and application of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong experience in developing REST/SOAP web services
- Strong database design and modelling experience
- Strong experience in automating applications builds and deployments
- Strong understanding and ability to develop/script in one or more of the following languages: XML, Java Script, JSON, Perl, Python, PowerShell, BASH
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Experienced in automated unit testing and acceptance testing frameworks (NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, Selenium)
- Ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Modern JS UI frameworks, CSS, Bootstrap desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to work collaboratively with different teams
- Self-driven and motivated to learn new technologies
- Ability to multi-task
- Customer service orientated
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work! Come see our very own Dog Park!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers (Amazing towel service and locker rooms)
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options (Healthy options, Vegan and Vegetarian, Comfort food options and Sushi)
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Dry Cleaning and Shipping Services
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.