Senior ServiceNow Developer
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart!
We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents.
Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
Senior ServiceNow Developer
How this role will make an impact:
Sr. ServiceNow Developer role configures and develops core and custom solutions within ServiceNow platform. You will be working with ServiceNow team designing, developing and enhancing various services while providing architectural input and maintaining and supporting the platform. You will also be ensuring that proper documentation is in place and development standards are followed at all times.
- Develop ServiceNow solutions and enhancements using core Platform capabilities
- Working closely with process owners, clients, stakeholders and internal customers in gathering requirements and converting them into solutions
- Design, develop and deliver automated workflow solutions using ServiceNow Rest/SOAP/Orchestration capabilities
- Advanced scripting of business rules, Script Includes, Client Scripts, ACLs, UI Policies, Orchestration activities etc.
- Create integrations with other systems to manage various automated workflows and activities
- Creating ServiceNow reports and Dashboards
- Provide maintenance and support over ServiceNow Platform
- Maintain an understanding of ServiceNow modules and licensing functionality
- 5+ years of computer programming and analysis experience
- 2+ years of ServiceNow design, develop and implementation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator preferred
- Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) preferred
- Strong understanding of ITIL processes and how they can be implemented in ServiceNow such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, CMDB, reports/metrics etc.
- Strong understanding of SOAP, REST and JSON frameworks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members/stakeholders/process owners
- Highly Customer service orientated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in project delivery skills and skillfully working with stakeholders, customers and clients
- Work in challenging and highly paced environments
- Ability to multi-task
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work! Come see our very own Dog Park!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers (Amazing towel service and locker rooms)
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options (Healthy options, Vegan and Vegetarian, Comfort food options and Sushi)
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Dry Cleaning and Shipping Services
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.