Senior SAP Configuration Analyst
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
Senior SAP Configuration Analyst
How this role will make an impact:
This position executes entire lifecycle of an SAP capability from planning to tactical delivery. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the SAP requirements, and work with cross functional IT team to deliver the final solution. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IT teams and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into SAP solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Configure and support the SAP IS Retail functions and related SAP components.
- Define and develop technical standards, including but not limited to, root cause analysis, evaluation of design alternatives, optimization of solutions, audits, monitoring and error resolution; ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
- Understand the principles of application systems development and use them to analyze, test, implement, maintain and document IT projects
- Leads the creation of business and functional design specifications. Identifies gaps between solution design and application capabilities, including SAP Best Practices and determines alternatives.
- Determine integration requirements, develop and test integration maps, maintain certificates in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Configuration of various functions; ensures integration points use proper protocols.
- Implement business driven requirements based on the given standards and oversee testing for the implemented functionalities and the support of the system test phase
- Ensures detailed technical requirements are captured from appropriate IT teams. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical design system/application capabilities and negotiates resolution.
- Create and Implement the quality assurance strategy, approach and plan. Create and execute test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with the Developers and business teams.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- IDOC processing and ABAP Development a huge plus
- 5 years of experience in configuring and supporting SAP ECC 6.0; including specific components and functions such as Procurement, Inventory management and Retail Master Data such as site, article, pricing and listings
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required
- Demonstrated experience in working on different software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management methodologies and application implementation methodologies
- Experience in processes and integration of SAP IS Retail with other solutions such as JDA’s Category Management applications, Manhattan WMS and POS integration is strongly preferred
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.