Senior Network Engineer
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
Senior Network Engineer
How this role will make an impact:
In this role you will provide engineering, delivery, operational transition, and level 3 escalation support of network system technologies and tools that enable PetSmart's business strategies.
You will be accountable for partnering and working with cross functional teams to implement and deliver solutions aligned with strategies and plan for the technology, people, and processes for in-store, corporate and direct-to-consumer environments.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Lead/contribute to the development and implementation of infrastructure technologies and standards. You will also ensure infrastructure design and implementation meets business/operational needs and is highly available, scalable and manageable.
- Identifying, testing and championing new technologies for the purposes of operational efficiency and new standards definition.
- Partner with Application Delivery teams for the design and deployment of technical systems and services that enable PetSmart's stores, distribution centers and corporate strategies and processes. Work with Solutions Architecture team to deploy solutions that are aligned with defined standards.
- Work with technical and departmental project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Document new and legacy solutions/technologies in both written and visual formats. Make regular, detailed updates to operational support knowledgebase and trains/mentors Operations associates.
- Provide level 3 support of solutions via standard escalation mechanisms such as trouble ticketing and emergency call-out. Systems Engineers are also expected to participate in regular on-call rotations.
- Provide design, implementation, maintenance and support of processes and systems used with PetSmart's disaster recovery program.
- Work with DR coordinator to provide regular DR testing of new product solutions, as well as, large scale, comprehensive DR testing for all enterprise applications and databases.
- You should expect to travel about 10-20% of the time to visit our Distribution Centers and Stores across the US.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- CCNP or equivalent certification preferred, CCNA or equivalent certification required
- Technical infrastructure design, implementation and management of enterprise and retail infrastructure and system technologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise technologies including server hardware, operating systems, database, network, storage and virtualization tools.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
- Well-developed understanding of application interactions and troubleshooting skills; the ability to reason and think in a linear, logical progression.
- Strong understanding of system and application delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of successfully creating, implementing and improving IT operation controls.
- Experience supporting regulatory mandates, including PCI and SOX.
- Strong background implementing enterprise systems monitoring and alerting.
- Excellent project management and documentation (both written and visual) skills.
- Ability to make sound judgments, prioritize and execute tasks.
- Strong inter-personal skills: ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners and business managers across various levels of the organization.
- Able to communicate difficult technical concepts clearly to a variety of individuals of varying technical expertise and understanding in a clear and concise manner
- Must be proactive, highly organized and self-directed to work while requiring minimal day-to-day guidance and direction
- Able to be a mentor to other network engineers
- Preference will be given to candidates who also have:
- Strong knowledge of retail and device technologies that support store and distribution center operations.
- Knowledge of e-commerce and digital applications.
- Knowledge of industry standards and frameworks (ITIL, ISO, COBIT).
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Click here to meet Mike Goodwin, PetSmart’s CIO https://vimeo.com/254726837
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.