Senior Applications Analyst (Digital customer facing application team)
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
The Senior Digital Application Analyst is an exciting position responsible for delivering on our front-end Customer facing web properties supporting our ecommerce and services businesses. Do you get ecxited about the customer experience online? Do you have experience with Customer facing apps, ecommerce platforms, front end flows?
We are seeking a strong technical individual who can partner with business stakeholders to break down new initiatives into tangible user stories and partner with our Engineering team to deliver for our customers.
- Create and deliver business and technical requirements for features in a fast pace, agile environment
- Ability to engage business partners to extract requirements that may or may not be stated directly.
- Work closely with our front-end teams, product management, UI/UX, development, architects, and QA
- Identify gaps between business requirements and application capabilities and recommend options.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure solution meets business needs.
- Identify risks and resolve issues affecting scope, quality, and schedule.
- Influence technical solutions, identify gaps between technical solutions/application capabilities/business requests, and negotiate resolution.
- Ensure operational stability of our web applications and support of on-call rotation with other team members
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: MUST HAVES
- Bachelor’s degree - or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring and implementing complex front-end applications and integrating vendor packages.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with large IT initiatives.
- Interpersonal skills - strong partnering/relationship building abilities and effective communication with small and large groups
- Ability to understand technical concepts and evaluate tradeoffs
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment operating at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
NICE TO HAVES:
- Familiarity with major ecommerce platforms like Demandware, Hybris, Magento, ATG, etc.
- Experience supporting delivery of web or mobile applications
- Experience supporting a CRM, Loyalty, or Digital/Brand Marketing programs
- Experience working in dynamic software development frameworks including Scrum, modified waterfall and Kanban
- Certifications such as CBAP, Scrum Product Owner, and/or Scrum Master
- Web/software development experience is a plus
- Understanding of modern software development practices and QA best practices
- Familiarity with JS/JSON/CSS/XML
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.