Salesforce Developer (Software Engineer - Salesforce)
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
Salesforce Apex Developer
How this role will make an impact:
PetSmart is aggressively accelerating its development team and we are looking forstrong, experienced team members who can drive usforward. Create APEX solutions on the Salesforce platform to support our business and IT needs. Be prepared to work in a high-impact, dynamic environment with changing priorities, development methodologies, and technical solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to Apex code, Lightning Components and Visualforce pages
- Proactively make recommendations for technical enhancements for better performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Accountable for delivering in an agile environment
- Work in a dev team conducting peer reviews
- Works with cross functional IT and business teams to design and develop solutions based on business requirements
- Identify areas of improvement in design, implementation, process, tooling, automated testing, SQA
- Mentor other developers and users who are inexperienced with Salesforce
- Remain current on latest Salesforce platform technologies seeking to integrate them in solutions where appropriate
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience, preferable in Java or C#
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Salesforce Apex development
- Some experience administering Salesforce preferred
- Experience with large Salesforce datasets (50GB+)
- Intimately familiar with Apex Web Service API
- Thorough understanding of SFDC governor limits and best practice guidelines
- Ability to address short term tactical requirements without losing site of the longer range strategic direction
- Self-motivated and discipline to meet deadlines with speed, accuracy and professional attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Collaborative and a team player
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Click here to meet Mike Goodwin, PetSmart’s CIOhttps://vimeo.com/254726837
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.