Regional Director - Distribution CentersLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1813 Apply Now
The Supply Chain team focuses on keeping things moving across all aspects of our business. They make an impact by ensuring our products get from the vendors to the DCs to the stores in the most efficient and timely way. Their goal is to improve each step within the process, so we have the right product at the right place at the right time for our pet parents.
About the Job:
The Regional Director (RD) is responsible for providing strategic direction for the Distribution Center network. This position drives consistency and accountability, implements network initiatives, provides solutions for improving network-wide performance and drives collaboration with Supply Chain partners. The Regional Director develops the network's General Managers and other Senior DC leaders, through them, drives succession planning and talent/performance management. The RD creates a culture of associate engagement and strategically works to drive that culture through network leaders and initiatives. This position shares responsibility for the creation and oversight of the DC network's operational and financial goals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Directs a high performing, customer centric team. Selects and develops their direct reports through coaching, mentoring, performance management, talent management and succession planning.
- Develops network-wide goals that align with our PetSmart’s mission, vision and values.
- Deliver results on the DC/Supply Chain dashboards and drives financial performance to lower DC cost as a percent of sales.
- Drives consistency and accountability across the DC network, ensuring all DC's are implementing best practices and following standardized methods and processes.
- Lead and develop Operations and DC teams to achieve high quality results and productivity, communicate strategy and business goals and track performance against those goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires knowledge normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business or related field.
- Requires proficiency typically obtained with 10+ years supply chain experience in a retail, manufacturing, or comparable environment, including 7+ years of demonstrated leadership and business acumen skills.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities