QA Automation TesterLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID IT-19-6530 Apply Now
QA Automation Engineer
How this role will make an impact:
PetSmart is aggressively accelerating its pet services software capabilities and we are looking for experienced leaders who can drive us forward.The QA Automation Tester will manage quality and testing efforts across the Loyalty and Services Program. They are responsible for assuring that their assigned solutions and services meet PetSmart's standards and customers' expectations for quality.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Plan, design, craft and execute testing strategies for solutions and services APIs in a complex integrated environment
- Work with product stakeholders to identify and prioritize tests that are candidates for integration, regression, performance in an automated fashion.
- Ensure that unit testing, code reviews, functional testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing, etc. are implemented and completed to meet functionality, performance, scalability and security goals
- Participate in end-to-end program quality leveraged for planning and executing test plans as well as providing constructive feedback throughout the development lifecycle
- Develop new test cases and enhance current test suite as new functionality is built
- Play a role in running automated test suites and evaluate performance, functionality, and scalability
- Manage the status of defects/enhancements in the issue tracking/change management system
- Collect and report data pertaining to bug detection, defect testing results and performance.
- Work with development and delivery teams to enhance the testability of their code, and to analyze and resolve defects in a timely matter
- Provide on-site guidance and mentorship to other QA testers
- Lead IS and Business partner teams through testing strategy, findings, and continuous improvement
- Coordinate various test-related activities for project delivery: identifying task dependencies, test schedules, the creation of test data, utilization of test environments, etc.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5-6 years of experience QA Testing experience
- Solid understanding of software testing practices and agile development
- Strong Analytical skills that help with working independently under minimal direction.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Team player with strong oral and written communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills and a sense of teamwork
- Experience with Jira/Confluence or similar project management platform
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum frameworks and Waterfall methodology
- Strong customer focus
- Passion for delivering quality software solutions, systems, and services
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience in performance testing with API messaging across multiple devices and platforms using test tools and frameworks, such as JMeter, Blazemeter, flood.io, Taurus, SoapUI, Swagger, and Postman.
- Be able to understand and use QA test management tools like Tricentis qTest or QA Symphony.
- Experience with Retail, Merchandising, Finance, CRM, Digital or Mobile solutions a plus.
- Expert with RESTful web services both API creation and consumption, JSON payload structures and HTTP error codes.
- Experience reviewing use case tests for coverage and effectiveness.
- Be able to define positive, negative and edge case test scenarios and user flow.
- Stress/Performance/Security testing experience is a must.
- Experience diagnosing, tuning/optimization of Jmeter test suites and servers.
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet-friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities