We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
How this role will make an impact:
Testing automation professionals will utilize PetSmart tools and processes to plan and implement testing and QA initiatives to ensure solution quality before deployment. The Test Automation Engineer will drive automation and help us to grow our QA practice. We are seeking a strong, technical individual with a passion for testing.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
Test Automation professionals provide specialized expertise in test automation using commercially available test tools. Applying PetSmart´s recommended test automation framework and best practices.
A Test Automation professional has the following responsibilities:
- Partner with Test and Leadership team to develop automation strategy and execution plan
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems
- Identify and prioritize test cases that are candidates for automation
- Develop new automated tests and enhance current test suite
- Run automated test suites with an eye towards functionality, performance and scalability
- Collect and report on data pertaining to testing metrics and solution quality
- Solid understanding of software testing practices and agile development
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills and sense of teamwork
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciencepreferred
- AS1 and AS2 Tricentis Tosca Certifications
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Test Automation in one of the following toolsets: Tosca, Micro Focus, mabl, Selenium, JMeter
- Demonstrated experience in installation and setup of Tosca infrastructure
- Experience developing custom controls in Tosca
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in two of the following testing toolsets/frameworks: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, SoapUI, CA Technologies, Micro Focus
- Test Frameworks: jUnit, TestNG, Mocha
- BDD: Cucumber/Gherkin
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including two or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Git, Bitbucket, GitHub
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Click here to meet Mike Goodwin, PetSmart’s CIOhttps://vimeo.com/254726837
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.