Program Lead of Vet ServicesLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID OP-18-6408 Apply Now
The In Store Veterinary Services Program Lead position within the Store Operations team is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining In Store Veterinary Program Programs, such as Shot Clinics and Independent Vet Operations, in eligible PetSmart stores. This position is responsible for coordinating interested parties through the PetSmart approval process, working with multiple internal departments and external partners to manage documentation completion and operational review. This position also serves as the liaison to operators once they are operational in-store, supporting all operational and programmatic duties. This position will also perform basic analytics to determine program performance and success measurements. This position will require cross-functional collaboration throughout the Store Operations and Services team, both at the Home-Office and throughout the Field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Manages all operations and program guidelines for In Store Veterinary Programs, such as Shot Clinics and Independent Vet Operations.
- Coordinates interested parties through the PetSmart approval process, including pre-screening requirements, policy and document review and revision, fixtures and equipment requirements, and internal partner coordination. Partners closely with District and Store Leaders during the negotiation and approval process.
- Serves as main point of contact for operators once they are operational in-store. Reviews contact mailbox daily to provide timely communication, issue resolution, and other program maintenance needs.
- Serves as a point of contact for Banfield alignment around operational practices within the store.
- Partners with in-house corporate veterinarians to maintain an operators’ network, connecting practice managers and/or managing doctors to discuss topics such as best practices, education, and policy alignment.
- Manages various aspect of Program run-the-business, including working with participating stores on execution and integration, maintaining policies and procedures, monitoring issue resolution, and driving ongoing process improvement.
- Provides varying analysis, perspectives, interpretations and recommendations to leadership on future program modifications, consolidations or additions.
- Leads key projects impacting In Store Veterinary Programs, required to work independently or cross-functionally on a broader team.
- Builds strong relationships with Home-Office and Field partners, particularly those within Store Operations and Services, while actively communicating with the teams.
No direct supervisory responsibility.
This position has no budget responsibility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 2 years of related experience working in business or retail; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate business and financial acumen.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate ability to build partnerships/relationships with internal and external partners, leveraging interpersonal skills to build trust.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite including experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical business office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.