Production ManagerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1395 Apply Now
Our Product Development group focuses on delivering customer-centric innovations that are available only at PetSmart. This allows us to create products and solutions that our pet parents are asking for that they can’t find anywhere else. This team partners with Merchandising, Brand Management, Product Design & Integrity, and Global Sourcing to bring the product from vision to reality.
About the Job:
The Production Manager is responsible for inventory, finished goods production, material planning, ordering, and projections for the Contract Manufacturing facilities and Packaging Suppliers to ensure optimal in stocks. Provides effective project management for key business growth and productivity improvement initiatives with Contract Manufacturers. Act as a liaison and point of contact between key Contract Manufacturers and the functional departments within the Operating Groups. Work with internal teams including transportation, DC’s and MP&A. Manage run out plans for discontinued items, and initial buys for new items.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the overall operational management of our external contract manufacturing network while ensuring alignment to strategic goals and objectives of our supply chain.
- Help develop overall proprietary brand production management strategy to deliver on innovation and product optimization goals.
- Help to optimize the flow of inventory from receipt of raw materials to deployment of finished goods; drive inventory accuracy and real time visibility to production.
- Ensure raw material, packaging, and finished good suppliers meet on time delivery and supply demands
- Work between internal stakeholders and supplier to develop accurate demand forecast and timely production scheduling for both domestic and international suppliers.
- Responsible for planning and replenishment of special projects including sample bags, online and retail forecast consolidation.
- Drives production lead time optimization and production efficiency cost reductions.
- Maintains product commercialization production timeline to gain go-no go decisions on projects from project sponsors (New launches/refreshes)
- Responsible for operations and supply chain execution of our external manufacturing sites including measuring performance tracking KPIs and holding regular reviews with our key partners including MP&A, Product Development, and Brand to ensure consistent performance.
- Aid in tracking of packaging, production planning, PO shortages, and inventory.
- Collaborate with MP&A, Brand and co-manufacturers to minimize packaging and finished good inventory when rationalizing. Ensure in stock of packaging and finished goods in accordance with reset timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement in process or production efficiency, supply chain optimization, deliver cost reduction, and manage the co-manufacturing/co-packing discipline in compliance with Internal Controls and Best Practices.
- Analyze manufacturing best practices within facilities and look to implement these practices into the key strategic Contract Manufacturers
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS degree in Engineering, Technology, Supply Chain Management, Business, or Operations (3+ years of plant operations, engineering, supply chain, planning, distribution, and/or procurement experience preferred).
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities