Product Quality Analyst (Data Analytics)Location Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1916 Apply Now
Our Proprietary Brands team focuses on building brands that are exclusive to PetSmart and that pet parents and pets love. Our team partners with product development, merchandising, product design, product integrity and global sourcing to bring the brand essence to life in product form.
About the Job:
Our Proprietary Brand Quality Team supports the development and creation of customer-centric innovations that pet parents love and rave about by ensuring that quality is top of mind from product ideation to creation. We do this by building and managing product standards, fostering a healthy supplier quality management program and driving product & process improvements.
As a Quality Data Specialist, you will play a key roll in driving analytics around quality performance, leveraging data to guide remediation efforts for on-shelf product as well as help anticipate quality risks and concerns throughout new product development.
You will be responsible for the creation and execution of data quality governance procedures and standards, defining and maintaining data quality goals, metrics and processes, building out data quality dashboards, and identifying gaps and deficiencies within the current data process.
This position requires an exceptional analytical skill set along with business acumen to effectively analyze the business and make impactful recommendations.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and processes that are capable of drawing numerous data points into one centralized location
- Perform data analysis for product performance based on customer reviews, return rates and quality incident rates
- Effectively manage significant issues and escalates to leadership teams appropriately by producing detailed reports to support decision-making processes
- Act as primary contact for execution of Proprietary Brand product removals, reworks and recalls. Coordinate store, distribution center and home office communications on actions to be taken and disposition of affected products.
- Enhance existing data collection and management processes within Consumables Quality and Social Responsibility Teams
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a business, analytics or supply chain focus
- Working knowledge of global manufacturing supply chain in the pet category/apparel/hard goods/electronics/toys
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires strong experience and knowledge in data analytics and data management systems
- Requires excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects at once
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills to professionally present information to all levels of leadership and key partners
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze data and interpret trends to create actionable business plans
- Requires knowledge in big data management systems and tools such as Micro-Strategy or similar
- Requires proficient to advanced SQL skills: querying, tuning.
- Exceptionally strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities