Product Integrity Engineer - ConsumablesLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID PD-18-6433 Apply Now
We are the Product Integrity Department. We ensure that PetSmart products are safe, compliant and perform well for our customers and their pets. We do this by building and managing product standards, fostering a healthy supplier quality management program, and driving product & process improvements.
- Continually build and maintain product specifications and formulations to ensure they are in-line with FDA (FSMA) and AAFCO regulatory requirements.
- Work with Product Development (PD), Brand Management and Buying teams to identify product expectations and support by building out the right critical to quality standards.
- Regularly meet with the PD team to discuss new or changing products and offer insight that focuses on mitigating food safety risks and ways to achieve desired product attributes.
- Work with Contract Manufacturing to ensure vendors have the right technical and process capabilities.
- Partner with vendors for root cause analysis and CAPA for trending quality issues.
- Review product packaging claims and substantiation with PD and Legal.
- Track, report and elevate trending significant product issues.
- Coordinate product removals, reworks and recalls.
- Support Product Quality Development (within assigned categories): Product Review, CTQ Standards (Product KPI's), Product Formulations, Product Specifications, Claim Substantiation, Sample Evaluation, Food Safety risk assessments, etc.
- Support Supplier Quality Management (within assigned categories): Supplier Capability Assessments, FSMA Compliance, Pre-Selection approvals (GFSI compliance), Foreign Supplier Verification Program, GAP assessments of production facilities.
- Support Product Quality Improvement (within assigned categories): Track and Escalate Significant Product Issues, Coordinate Product Withdrawals/Recalls, Identify and Implement new CTQ Standard Opportunities.
- Maintain effective work relationships by partnering with Contract Manufacturing, PD and Brand, and Buyers, to help ensure a high quality and safe product is delivered within cost and on time.
- Act as a technical resource to cross-functional partners regarding appropriate regulatory, food safety and production processes for specific product categories.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years in a manufacturing or quality role for consumable products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in food science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Animal Science or related field
- Working knowledge of FDA and AAFCO regulations, GFSI Schemes (SQF, BRC)
- Familiar with various manufacturing processes and product categories
- Key project management and reporting
- PCQI Certified
- HARPC Certified
If you are havingdifficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.