Product Development Technician, ConsumablesLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID PD-18-6423 Apply Now
This position is responsible for working with their Manager and the Consumables Product Development Team to fulfill project requirements. This covers all stages of product development and process development including writing new product specifications and ensuring regulatory labeling and food safety requirements are met. Additional responsibilities include developing samples/prototypes of new products, modifying existing products, optimizing existing products, developing specifications for product production labeling, and compiling cost analysis information. The technician will work with Brand, Finance, Product Integrity, contract manufacturing and Packaging ensuring smooth start-up for new product production processes. This person will take on and complete special projects as needed. Their work is typically “hands on”, in a lab, on a computer, or collaborative with associates and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Use data to build product, process, and ingredient specifications and route for approval in a timely manner
- Support product development administrative tasks including new product set-up, Claims substantiation library, and supplier invoice management
- Assist in managing the existing product portfolio and apply formulation knowledge to improve flavor, texture, appearance, color, nutrient content, shelf-life, and cost
- Assist in managing formula cost, testing, and product specifications (ingredients, products, and process).
- Coordinate testing for palatability and shelf-life.
- Under direction of managers, improve current products related to both cost and quality.
- Carry out tasks that include sourcing new ingredients and build innovative ingredient vendor relationships.
- Communicate and explain results or observations to supervisor and other team members, making special note of unexpected results or observations, and proposing interpretations.
- Ad-Hoc projects as necessary.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, Food Science, sciences or engineering
- 1 year of Product development experience in food industry preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to plan, put together well thought out design of experiments, anticipate next steps and incorporate course corrections when hurdles appear.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Executional excellence, personal leadership and prioritization skills
- 10% or less travel expected
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong project management skills. Strong numerical skills.
- Identify ways to improve methods and new ways to accomplish tasks
- Readily cooperates, shares information and provides suggestions to meet team goals
If you are havingdifficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.