Pet Health & Quality AnalystLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID MR-19-6529 Apply Now
The Pet Health & Quality Analyst/Technician serves as the frontline point of contact between stores and the Home Office regarding avian/exotic and aquarium pet health and quality questions, concerns and opportunities. The Technician will also assist finding suitably qualified veterinarians and/or specialists within stores’ local communities as needed. Additionally, data collection and trend analysis will be performed under the direction of the Pet Quality and Education Veterinarians. The Technician will also assists with store policy/procedure review and, along with the veterinarians, will serve as a general advisor on matters relating to pet care and pet health throughout the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Primary management of existing and spontaneously crafted responses to Store Associates and Field Leaders regarding Specialty Pet (avian/exotic/aquatic pets) health questions/concerns and related to operational policies and procedures.
- Preliminary review of health records and veterinary estimates prior to seeking input from the relevant Pet Quality and Education Veterinarians regarding the most appropriate course of action. The Technician will then communicate the chosen course of action to the store leaders and at times to partner veterinary practices in the store or local community.
- Data entry of Pet Health and Quality Concerns submitted directly by stores into an existing data base. This work requires the classification of individual diagnoses into broader categories. The technician will ultimately manipulate the data and provide monthly reports to the Pet Quality and Education Veterinarians to further the team’s mission of continually improving pet health and quality.
- Additional data management will take place in the form of tracking required third party diagnostic testing performed by vendors as part of ongoing health monitoring practices.
- Assist in providing insights regarding internal content library and marketing materials for accuracy and relevance based on business and PP demands. Recommend additional topics and articles based on tracking PP requests.
- Assist in the writing and development of associate and client online and in store education &/or marketing materials relating to pet husbandry, nutrition, enrichment, behavior and physiology.
- Review of existing pet care policies and procedures as needed with company associates and veterinary practitioners.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Veterinary technician licensure is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a zoo, public aquarium, veterinary school, animal sanctuary or mixed (small animal/avian & exotic) practice veterinary clinic.
- Corporate experience a plus.
- Must have practical knowledge of the biology and common clinical conditions affecting dogs and cats.
- Exotic animal experience strongly preferred.
- Additional data manipulation and or analytical skills will be looked upon favorably.
- A working technical knowledge of multispecies veterinary medicine is required.
- Ability to process large amounts of data and work in a fast paced multi-doctor, retail environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Veterinary technician licensure preferred.