Pet Health & Quality AnalystLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID MR-19-6506 Apply Now
The Pet Health Team Analyst supports Pet Health efforts at the Phoenix Home Office in monitoring avian, exotic and aquarium pet health at all levels including vendors, distribution centers and stores. Data collection and trend analysis will be performed under the direction of the Pet Health Veterinarians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- The analyst will ultimately manipulate data from multiple sources (SharePoint database, PAW database) and provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports to the Pet Health Veterinarians and other stakeholders to further the team’s mission of continually improving pet health and quality.
- Additional data management will take place in the form of tracking required third party diagnostic testing performed by vendors as part of ongoing health monitoring practices.
- Update and maintain vendor and store-based pet health metrics tracking tools and pet health systems.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data obtained for Pet Health-related projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on study design, data collection, analysis and interpretation.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCEREQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of analytics experience
- Ability to process substantial amounts of data and work in a fast-paced multi-doctor, retail environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to create Excel Pivot Tables using multiple sources of data required for maintenance of current tools and development of ad hoc reports
- Demonstrated understanding of data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Strong customer-focused, quantitative, analytical and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse customers and teams but also be self-motivated with the ability to effectively work independently, if required
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
- Additional statistical experience to analyze and interpret distributions, comparisons, associations, correlations, etc., such as t-test, ANOVA, regression, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of study design, bias and confounders
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- Corporate experience
- Exotic animal experience or experience in a zoo, public aquarium, veterinary school, animal sanctuary or mixed (small animal/avian & exotic) practice veterinary clinic